1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD '69 Gibson EBO modded to an EB3

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by map34157, Oct 4, 2016.

1. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Burbank, CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Below is the info taken straight from the previous owner. If you have any questions, PLEASE PM me.

Trade interest:
    Rickenbacker 4003s

$775 shipped CONUS only

1969 Gibson EB-0 that the previous owner had converted to an EB-3 format. 30.5" (short scale). Used condition. This is a player's bass...plenty of dings and some non-vintage parts (couple of the pots and some of the tuner hardware, apparently an old headstock repair that I can't notice)...but tons of mojo and blast to play.

The neck feels buttery and straight, with a relatively small radius. There is gorgeous checking in the body finish. The pickups are vintage, with the neck pickup being original and bridge pickup coming from a 1968 EB-3. The neck mudbucker is massive, deep and loud, and the bridge pickup lets you bring in some note clarity.

Really a great addition to an EB-0. It has a chicken head switch for selecting either pup solo or both together. This model year is in the sweet spot for weight and neck feel, right before they became heavy and moved to the baseball bat thicker neck.

Comes with a modern Epiphone hard case.

Mods/non-original means a much lower price for a 60s bass, and a great way to own a vintage bass that you can feel comfortable playing out. Original TB sale thread here.

Currently strung with half-rounds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  2. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Does this have an original vari-tone circuit?

Edit: sorry! I must have missed the part where you said it's a selector. GLWTS!

3. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    Sveeeeeet. If I hadn't just bought my Guild JS-2 !

brennanmcnally likes this.
  4. kosta_

kosta_

Mar 6, 2015
    That weather checking is amazing!

5. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    This was my bass. I did the mods...
    Whoever bought this if you are ever looking to sell it, I'll take it!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021