1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

6L6GC Sovtek Tubes

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mitchinboxer, May 30, 2012.

1. Mitchinboxer

Mitchinboxer

Jan 25, 2012
    Could these tubes be used in an SVT of some kind? I'm trying to assemble the parts to make one and I've got a deal for free tubes.

2. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    You need 6550s or some people have used KT88s, but I don't think they're designed for 6L6GCs.

3. SVT's used 6550's . 6L6XX don't have the plate dissipation for SVT's. Fender Bassman 200 or 300 do if you want a real challenge? :)

4. Mitchinboxer

Mitchinboxer

Jan 25, 2012
    Thanks guys. Bassman does sound interesting, I think I will pick these tubes up, surely there is a place for them somewhere.

5. Free good tubes will always have a place for them! :D Fender, Mesa, Marshall...... If you don't want them tell me how to get them :)

6. Mitchinboxer

Mitchinboxer

Jan 25, 2012
    Just a Craigslist find, there's only 6 of them. If I find massive quantities, TB will be the first to know ;)