Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6x10 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4String_Ninja, Aug 14, 2000.

1. 4String_Ninja

4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000
    Im thinkin about purchasing a Genz Benz 6x10XB for only $687!! But I want to know the reason for a 6x10 instead of the usual 4x10.

2. The reason is, more speakers = more volume. If you run the same amp into a 4x10 and then into a 6x10, you'll be louder and clearer with the 6x10.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Also, they make them for people who want more power than a 4x10, but less power/more portability than an 8x10.

4. they should make a 9x10.. have the 3 rows of 3 speakers, that'd be great =) the only prob would be bringing it around.. oh well.. I'd love to see that.. maybe I should find someone to make me one, hehe... or maybe even a 4x10 with a 1x15 in the center.. haha these things would be awesome... (my brain's been on overdrive for some reason..)

-Willz

5. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    Ampeg does make a cabinet containing a 4x10 and 1x15 configuration. It is about 4 foot tall and weighs in excess if 160 pounds. You can see it on their website.

6. 4String_Ninja

4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000
    Mesa/Boogie makes a 4x10 with a 15 in the middle also, its called the Powerhouse cab.

7. well, they should make a 9x10 too.. hehe if someone DOES I'm just goin to shut up... lol

-Willz

8. timv

timv Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    Actually, Ampeg did make a 9x10 cabinet quite a whule ago called the V9. It was only available for a couple years i think and have only seen one once on ebay.

9. they should make it again.. hehe .. I'll take one for free and show it off too all these ppl and make em wanna buy it.. hehe =)

-Willz

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I thought Beavis & Butthead was supposed to be ironic, until I read the last sequence of posts!

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I stack my Eden D210XLT on top of my D410XLT, and VOILA! One of the best 610's you're ever gonna hear. Also, I can take just one or the other depending on the venue. Remember, I'm an old fart. All you other old farts listen to me now, and hear me later.

Uhhh, now Muttluk is going to say the same thing, only in terms you younger folks can read.

[Edited by Munjibunga on 08-20-2000 at 11:16 AM]

12. when i get my new amp head, i'm also gonna get a 2x10. then when i get enough money i'll add a 4x10 if i need more power so i can run the head at 4ohms. also i figure it would be easyer to run with two cabs so that if i just need the 2x10 i can just bring that, or if i just need the 4x10 just bring that, and not have to bring the whole big 6x10 speaker setup if i dont need it. kinda like the same theory as the 2 4x10's instead of one 8x10

13. 4String Ninja,
    I've been using the Genz-Benz 6x10XB cab for over a year now. GET IT!!!!!! You will not be dissapointed. Just make sure your amp can handle tha 4 ohm load.
    More speakers, more air movement. Make sure you've got a friend to help with moving it!!
    Later
    Chuck