Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

6x10s: I need general pricing info genz benz, swr, etc

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowfreqfreak, Sep 14, 2004.

1. lowfreqfreak

lowfreqfreak

Jul 1, 2001
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, GHS Strings
    hey all-
    curious...about how much do some good 6x10's go for? in particular, i'm interested in the genz benz 610... i can't find a price reference anywhere through searches. give me the info please. open to other brands too... help. thanks

2. I found a review of the GB 610T-xb2 where the owner stated that it lists for $1099. That's all I could get.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Brand new: $929, but a store once offered it to me for $825-850

I bought mine used for $550, but resold it for $400. :scowl: such a loss. I miss it dearly. Good luck finding a used one though.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You can get the Bergantino NV610 for less than $1000 (I think this is still true...)

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I believe you are correct and can sometimes find them used for $750. I think the swr 610 is arround $1200 new and used arround $600.

6. lowfreqfreak

lowfreqfreak

Jul 1, 2001
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, GHS Strings
    Thanks alot guys. What is this Avatar manufacturer all about? What about bergantino? Any other brands I should consider?

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Muzikman - Is that review online? I've found no info on the GB 610, would like to know more. Every time I plug into their stuff it impresses me. The other day I tried a Phil Jones 500 watt head, and it was awesome, but then to cleanse my palate I plugged into a GB 400 watt head, and although it didn't sound quite as good it cost one third what the PJ did.

Though the PJ is the most impressive SS amp I've heard, the GB was overall more impressive because of thew price. Played through a little 2X10 cab, sounded big. Even the smallest GB combo had a strong presence. Very interested in the 610, but nobody carries it.

8. Yes I found the review online by searching "Genz Benz 6x10" or something like that. I don't recall where it was. Try Harmony Central.

9. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place