1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale 7/8 Shen Gemunder - price drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Matt.E.Stein, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Matt.E.Stein

Matt.E.Stein Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Price:
    $4900
    Strings:
    This is a fantastic and loud bass with a very rich and resonant sound. I purchased this last year because I wanted a louder instrument to have as a second bass in a variety of contexts. I took it to Mike Shank and he gave it an amazing setup, new bridge, fingerboard work, and full circle pickup.

I would not be selling this but I lost my main job over the summer due to Covid and really need the funds.

This is a really durable bass with a rich and beautiful tone. A versatile bass...suitable for classical, jazz, etc.

Feel free to PM with any questions. I'm located just outside Philadelphia, but I'm traveling to Maine towards the end of September for a week or two and would be happy to bring the bass to any points in New England to show the bass to any serious buyers.

$4900. Comes with case and new full circle pickup.

IMG_2593.JPG IMG_2592.JPG IMG_2588.JPG IMG_2589.JPG

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    alanhasradar likes this.
  2. I own one of these and it’s a great versatile bass. Nice deal too!

Matt.E.Stein likes this.
  3. ParkCoyote

ParkCoyote

Sep 15, 2020
    Hey, I’m super interested in checking out out this bass. I live in Beacon, NY.

Matt.E.Stein likes this.
  4. Go for it, this bass can deliver the whomp as a jazz or orchestral instrument. Comfortable to play also despite its size.

Matt.E.Stein likes this.
  5. Matt.E.Stein

Feb 7, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Just sent you a PM.

6. Matt.E.Stein

Feb 7, 2009
    Philadelphia, PA
    Due to some unexpected pandemic conditions, a sale fell through before buyer could try the bass. Still available!