1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7/8 Size Gabute Bass for Sale or Trade

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by mhjazzbass, Jun 4, 2003.

1. mhjazzbass

mhjazzbass

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm looking for a trade more than a sale--I have a 7/8 size Romeo Gabute bass, circa 1997 for sale. Fair market value is $12,500. It is a Guarnerius design with sloping shoulders and large lower bouts. String length is 41.5". I recently added a saddle extender to release some string tension. Very easy to play now, and the neck angle is deep, making thumb position easy to access. Hand carved ebony tailpiece, heavy individual brass machines. Made from Calantas, a wood from New Zealand, that has a huge, warm sound. These are also the basses that Kolstein sells. I have pics, but they're not very good. If you live in the New England area and are looking for a nice 7/8 size bass email me. BTW, I'm looking for something that is approximatley of the same value, but could be much less as long as there is some cash to compensate. Either 3/4 or 7/8, but older basses preferred, and with string lenth of 41.75 or more. Thanks.

2. Please contact me. I am in Vermont and have several basses for sale/trade.
    kcmarvin@yahoo.com

3. Please contact me. I am in Vermont and have several basses for sale/trade.
    kcmarvin@yahoo.com