1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

#7 Had an awesome day.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rick_no7, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Well, looking at my name you may wonder what the No. 7 means. This will help ya guess better.

It was so awesome. I'm apprenticing at this restaurant, and one of the things they have in their bar is a bottle of 1913 Jack Daniels. The boss let me have a shot of it today because he heard I enjoy Jack Daniels so much. (Enjoying Jack Daniels, and addicted to jack Daniels are 2 different things)

Anyway. 1913 was the first year that Jack's nephew took over the distillery. It is also one of the years they won a gold medal in Belgium for whiskey excellence. So I got to try one of the years that won the gold medal, 93 year old whiskey.

I had 1/2 the shot strait. It had a very strong vanilla taste to it, and it was a more mellow whiskey than the regular black label stuff. The slight burn going down told me that it had lost none of its alcohal content over the years.

I had the other shot with a bit of coke, Black Tooth Grin style to you fans of Pantera. It matched so very well with the coke, I wished I could have another shot just to drink it mixed.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    You killed six people after tasting it and took #7 to Disney Land? I dunno. :confused:

3. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Old time #7?

4. steve21

steve21 Banned

The 7 is in regards to

1368521~Jack-Daniels-Tennesee-Posters.

And isn't the Black Tooth Grin shot of crown, shot of seagram's and a splash of coke?

5. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You mixed it with Coke? :rollno:

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Whiskey and coke is a pretty common mix here -- especially coke with Canadian Club.

That said, I have a tendency to mix amber rum with either ginger ale or gatorade, so take that with a grain of salt.

7. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    Yeah but u dont mix a 90 something yr old drink with coke. Thats just blasphemy.

8. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    You mean, people actually mix whiskey and coke? Really? :rolleyes: ;) You just don't mix an 93 year old whiskey. There is simply no comparison to CC and 1913 Jack.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Only if it's 90 something year old coke!

10. eww itd be flat! :D

11. Michael Vick is not having awesome days

12. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!

13. I didn't mix all of it with coke.

Black Tooth Grin refers to the Pantera Home Videos. I did it in tribute of Dimebag.

We have a good bit of it, we actually use it at the restaurant to infuse with honey for a desert we do. So I'll have plenty of other chances to sip at it. Gotta taste the Jack to ensure quality you know? Oh and it wasn't my idea for the desert thing so don't yell at me for that one :p That's the crazy owner's recipe: I just follow it.

14. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I could have sworn a Black Tooth Grin was Crown & Coke.

15. Any whiskey really, whatever he has on hand at the time. In the video he uses crown I think, and I think in another interview he used Seagram 7.

Zakk Wylde uses ginger ale instead of a coke. "Zakk Tooth Grin"

Edit:
    On wiki it says he's used different kinds, and found that zakk has his own one too

16. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    What a waste. Once mixed in a dessert, no one could tell the difference between the stuff from 1913 and the stuff bought off the shelf yesterday. It's like using a fine bottle of wine to marinate a steak. :rollno:

17. Like I said, that one's not my call lol.

Fried dough with honey and whiskey. People buy alot of it and pay alot for it.

18. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    ...which any good chef would do.
    -Alex

19. guy n. cognito

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Not really, unless you and I have a different definition of a "fine bottle of wine."

20. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Maybe, maybe not. I would never use a 93 year old bottle of alcohol in cooking; heck, I'd probably be scared to even open it, however, many chefs are often the most eccentric of perfectionists, so if a 93 year old bottle of Chianti is what they want, that's what they'll use.
    -Alex