1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

7-space rack bag

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Aug 13, 2004.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Does anyone know if I can find a 7-space rack bag? I am currently using an 8-space Anvil case, and I do have a homemade 7-space rack, but I'd like to get something with padded sides, so as not to mar the interior of my new gear-hauler (Audi S6 Avant). I really only need 6 spaces for gear (PL-Plus, Wireless/MDB-1, Eden Navigator, PLX 3002), but I like to leave a space open between the preamp and power amp. The PLX 3002 is the deepest piece of gear I have to accommodate.

If I can't find something offered, I may see if New York Undercover can make me one.

Thanks, Tom.

2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    7 space bag?! That would be like a rack duffle! But if you can carry it, why not?

Closest I saw (and looks cool and different too!) are the modern case bags and it's a 6 spacer:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RB156sp/

Maybe they make a 7? Not sure because their site has seemed to have disappeared.

Good luck!

-T

3. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I hope for your backs sake you don't plan on throwing this thing over your shoulder...

What you might try is take your 7 space rack to a luggage store and see if they have a piece of luggage thats the same size, with wheels and a retractable bar and all, then just buy the 7U rack rails mount them on the front, and make a whole in the back for cables to come out. The front flap can double as a pedal board if you leave the case on the ground.