7-space rack bag

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tombowlus, Aug 13, 2004.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Does anyone know if I can find a 7-space rack bag? I am currently using an 8-space Anvil case, and I do have a homemade 7-space rack, but I'd like to get something with padded sides, so as not to mar the interior of my new gear-hauler (Audi S6 Avant). I really only need 6 spaces for gear (PL-Plus, Wireless/MDB-1, Eden Navigator, PLX 3002), but I like to leave a space open between the preamp and power amp. The PLX 3002 is the deepest piece of gear I have to accommodate.

If I can't find something offered, I may see if New York Undercover can make me one.

Thanks, Tom.
  2. Transverz

Transverz believer of the Low End Theory

May 3, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    7 space bag?! That would be like a rack duffle! But if you can carry it, why not?

Closest I saw (and looks cool and different too!) are the modern case bags and it's a 6 spacer:

Maybe they make a 7? Not sure because their site has seemed to have disappeared.

Good luck!

3. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I hope for your backs sake you don't plan on throwing this thing over your shoulder...

What you might try is take your 7 space rack to a luggage store and see if they have a piece of luggage thats the same size, with wheels and a retractable bar and all, then just buy the 7U rack rails mount them on the front, and make a whole in the back for cables to come out. The front flap can double as a pedal board if you leave the case on the ground.