Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7 string 36 fret finger board blank help.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by warwickben, Jun 26, 2005.

1. i am making a seven string bass. i wanna buy a finger board that has had the fret slots pre cut. most of the places that ive seen that are selling preslotted finger boards are for 24 frets. is there any one that will make a a finger board blank thats wide enough for a seven strings and has 36 frets.

2. WeeTee

WeeTee

Apr 24, 2005
    Well...

I know you can buy anything in the US, but I suspect you'll have a hard time finding a pre-slotted fingerboard wide enough for seven string bass, or long enough for 36 frets - let alone both!

Good luck trying!

3. well ill try my hardist i guess.

4. Perhaps if you asked Larry at Gallery, I'm sure he can provide the board. As far as slotting goes have a local luthier do it. They're also really good at fretting too. ;)
    Dirk

5. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    I wonder if the guys at Warmoth would do that for you. You could get a nicely tailored fingerboard to your specs if they do.

6. I'd second the vote for Warmoth. They're good folks to work with. No idea what the price would be, but they do that kind of work.

7. Luthiers Mercantile sells

28+" x 3 3/4" x 5/16" ebony

and they do slotting