1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

7-string Antoniotsai bass vid (solo)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lokire, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Here's a vid I did of my 7-string Antoniotsai bass. I did this one solo so you can really hear the tone. Stock electronics, and the strings were what came with it, aside from the low F# string which I replaced with a Dean Markley F#. Recorded straight through a DI to my M-Audio Delta 66 soundcard. I think I had the onboard bass EQ boosted and the panned to the neck pickup a little bit.

Let me know what you think. Enjoy!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wow, that sounds really nice- not overly bright like the majority of sevens I've heard. Forget the other guy- sell it to me :D

3. Too late man, the payment is sent! Hahahahahaha!

Oh yeah, nice diggs too man, hopefully we'll be seeing you in bassplayer someday, just make sure to mention talkbass. :)

4. mastersrhythm

mastersrhythm

Aug 28, 2006
    MastersRhythm
    Did I hear a note fret out at 1:10 in the video????? twice???

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Hey, that sounds pretty good! Better than I would have anticipated, anyway. Nice job!

6. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Uhh...yeah. ;)

7. mastersrhythm

mastersrhythm

Aug 28, 2006
    MastersRhythm
    I'm sorry I should have asked this in my first post :)

Was the vid before or after the fret job?

8. Lokire

Lokire Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Seattle, Washington
    Ah, I see. It was the other 7-string that got the fretjob, not this one. :bassist: