7 String Bass String Sets

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by BoiNtC, Nov 17, 2005.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    What do you use?
    I just got a Conklin GT7 and the strings are fine, but I figured I'd have to change the strings eventually.....
    Besides Conklin do many manufacturers make 7string bass string sets?

2. christobass 416

christobass 416 Guest

Sep 30, 2005
    new jersey, USA
    well, i don't play 7 string bass, but after doing a little research, i see that ken smith makes 7 string sets.

3. www.juststrings.com

You can make yourself a set from singles. It also might be cheaper doing this thas buying from a brand.

I also think DR does custom sets, I saw a 7 string set on ebay a while ago which were a set of DR Highbeams. The guages were funky so I dont remember them really, I rthink the B string was like a .137. I'm sure if you email DR they'll give you a quote.

4. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
  5. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    hey, anthony:
    one thing to watch for on yer conk: the saddles do wear, and they get sharp.
    i'm starting to break strings on mine on a regular basis...i'm gonna have to bite that ol' bullet and replace the saddles.
    :(

dean markley makes a set... [font=verdana, ariel, helvetica]DMS_2698C[/font][font=verdana, ariel, helvetica]Dean Markley Electric Bass SR2000 Super 7 String Medium, .022 - .127, 2698C[/font][font=verdana, ariel, helvetica]$36.72[/font] that's what i use.

ps...the lakkie is wooooonderful! my bands love it, and so do i.
    :D