Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7 string eBay scam??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, May 15, 2003.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, that's probably made by the same korean factory as the galvestons. they sell under a few different names - there was a german guy who came around here sometimes named silverstar who had a 7 string of the same name. looked just like that.

3. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That one looks interesting.. The guy on eBay is touting these as "handmade" with Barts... They look anything but... :rolleyes:

4. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    No, don't waste your time.. ;) "Keen" is not the word I'd choose to describe my feelings..

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    does anyone else feel the distinction of the word 'Prestige' is somewhat lessened when scribbled in 5th-grade penmanship?
    [​IMG]

6. If they're Bartolini pickups, why don't they say "Bartolini" like they always do?

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Fake. Stay clear.

8. Hey, since when did custom instruments come with tacky red instruction tags on the knobs? That's more like Ibanez-ish thing to do.... :D

9. what's with the string spacing at the nut?
    the wishnevsky school of setup?

[​IMG]

playing around the first few frets would be a nightmare. erk:meh:

the spacing between the B, E and A strings appears to get WIDER away from the bridge....

10. rollo47

rollo47 Wraggotry in Motion

Nov 12, 2002
    Perth, Australia
    Hmmm.... very dodgy..... very dodgy indeed. Nice string spacing, lol :p Steer clear guys.