7 String Flats?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Gramtron, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Gramtron

Gramtron

Mar 11, 2007
    Loveland,CO
    HEy, i just got my new seven stringer today, but for the last few years i've been playing only flats. does any company (particularly rotosound) make flats in 7 string flavoring?

2. Yvarg

Yvarg Gold Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Lake Forest, CA
    Assuming you are tuning B-E-A-D-G-C-F, you could buy a set of your favourite six string flats and use a plain steel F string from Conklinguitars.com (the SIT Powersteel string is the plain one, while the Snakeskin string is roundwound). It may not have the exact sound of the other six strings, but it's as close to a flatwound high F string as you're going to get.

3. Yvarg

Mar 10, 2007
    Lake Forest, CA
    Judging by the guages that looks it's supposed to be tuned F#-B-E-A-D-G-C, but that is going to be one hell of a floppy F# string.

4. Gramtron

Gramtron

Mar 11, 2007
    Loveland,CO
    yeah i didn't know roto made custom set either

5. Are those flats?

A 140 B would KILL on my fretless..

:D

D.Don

6. Yvarg

Mar 10, 2007
    Lake Forest, CA
    The auction states they are roundwounds.

7. Yeah the 66s are rounds, thats why I got curios as well.

D.Don

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021