Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7 string SC Benavente - monster

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brian Barrett, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    very nice. is that for sale?

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    No, It was built for a dealer in Japan.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I don't think Angelfire will let you put in a direct link to the picture, unfortunately.

That's a pretty sweet looking bass. Though, and I like the buckeye tops in general, when I saw it the phrase "hairy chest" popped into my head.

5. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    That is so nice I am scared ! I play 6 str. never touched a 7 though i saw a Conklin at a shop the other day - looked like it would take me a year to get used to playing it . Hell, it took me a year to get used to playing 6 (after 18 years of fretless 4 !)

Ver y cool. What does a beast like that go for ?:)

8. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Yikes! That looks pretty nice, but I'd like it alot more if it had a full top.

9. I dig it, although I think the top is less "hairy chest" and more "DESPERATELY NEEDING BIKINI WAX."

10. That's beautiful... maybe one day ;)

11. That is one of the sweetest basses I've ever seen! My only criticism is that I would prefer the neck laminates to be thicker.

- Dave

12. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    holy crap Brian!!! That is sweet. Those Aero or Dimarzio pickups? What is the wait time? I really need to order that fretless. SWEET!!

13. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Xush, Thanks do much for posting the pics!!!!!

fivestringdan, I think its about 4-5 months. Those are Aero dual coils with mahogany body, maple 1/4 sawn neck with ebony pinstripes.

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I want it!

15. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Does anyone else think the visible part of the neck-through looks really plain-jane next to the figured top? Aside from that, the single cutaway pattern has always appealed to me.

16. what's the point of those pickup covers if they're going to be on top of that plain neck-thru strip?

17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Wow!!!!! A single cutaway bass that I actually like!! There's a first time for everything...

18. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    I agree, I think using the neck woods would have blended better. But the customer ordered it the way he wanted it.

Here's the matching 5 string he ordered as well. This one is actually with bassplayer mag for review right now.
    http://www.angelfire.com/tn/briansbass/page321.html

The wood covers blend a little better then two big black EMG or Bartolini's though!!!!!

19. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Who would you need a 7 and a 5 of the same thing? Wouldn't the 7 have the same as the 5,. with just 2 more strings on top?

Unless one is fretted and the other is fretless, it just seens to be a waste...

:confused:

20. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Note that they were built for a *dealer*.