7-string set w/gold windings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Does anyone know what brand makes a 7-string set with gold windings? The guy I'm buying my GT-7 off has it strung with a new set of strings with gold windings, and said that they only cost him around $50, and I know that the Snakeskins by Conklin and the SIT 7-string sets run for about $70 a set, so I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to who makes these strings.

2. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    www.juststrings.com

This is where I get my strings from. They have some gold strings from a company that starts with "M" (can't remember the name).

The great thing about JustStrings is that you can order single strings. I use DR's on my Stingray and Boomers on my GT-7. GHS has a HUGE selection on that site and the great thing is that you can order a "custom" set of strings for your seven with whatever gauges you want for about $35.

And no, I don't work for either of these companies. :D

3. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I believe they are dean markley's Will Lee sig stings. Ive used them i dont like them. ive also used snakeskins didnt like them, ken smith strings were the same way. i finaly setteled on a Fodera 6 string pack and a random 7th string

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    dean markley made some for bill dickens, i don't know if they are available to everyone yet. 50 bucks sounds like baloney to me, if they are the ones i'm thinking about. they were coated with gold.

5. i just mean gold windings

6. Those are the Will Lee sigs. Markley makes them. Should be able to pick them up on the net.

7. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    If I remember correctly TBer Dave Grossman has gold cover nylon core strings on his hanwinkel 7, perhaps the same company makes steel cores.

Edit: Sorry, just found the thread, it's a 6er not a 7 string. Ignore this post.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78702