Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7-string set w/gold windings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Gut_Implosion, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Does anyone know what brand makes a 7-string set with gold windings? The guy I'm buying my GT-7 off has it strung with a new set of strings with gold windings, and said that they only cost him around $50, and I know that the Snakeskins by Conklin and the SIT 7-string sets run for about $70 a set, so I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to who makes these strings.

2. FUNKonthewall

FUNKonthewall Nailing The Groove

Sep 29, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, Aguilar Amps, Dunlop/MXR Accessories
    www.juststrings.com

This is where I get my strings from. They have some gold strings from a company that starts with "M" (can't remember the name).

The great thing about JustStrings is that you can order single strings. I use DR's on my Stingray and boomers on my GT-7. GHS has a HUGE selection on that site and the great thing is that you can order a "custom" set of strings for your seven with whatever gauges you want for about $35.

And no, I don't work for either of these companies. :D

3. quatre03

quatre03

Aug 20, 2004
    I believe they are Dean Markley's Will Lee sig stings. Ive used them i dont like them. ive also used snakeskins didnt like them, ken smith strings were the same way. i finaly setteled on a Fodera 6 string pack and a random 7th string

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    Dean Markley made some for bill dickens, i don't know if they are available to everyone yet. 50 bucks sounds like baloney to me, if they are the ones i'm thinking about. they were coated with gold.

5. Those are the Will Lee sigs. Markley makes them. Should be able to pick them up on the net.

6. Tim__x

Tim__x

Aug 13, 2002
    Alberta, Canada
    If I remember correctly TBer Dave Grossman has gold cover nylon core strings on his hanwinkel 7, perhaps the same company makes steel cores.

Edit: Sorry, just found the thread, it's a 6er not a 7 string. Ignore this post.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78702