Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

7 strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    who makes 7 string sets?

2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    D'Addarrio makes a 7 string roundowund set. I am interested to know who else - I am interested in half-wounds for my 7 string.

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    A couple more are Dean Markley SR2000's and Ken Smith Taper Core stainless roundwounds.

4. Conklin is selling 7 string sets now too.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yes, but they are just Dean Markley 2000s (Will Lee Set) in a different package. At least, according to JT--And, I think I'll trust JTs opinion on anything Conklin. :D

6. I buy 5 string sets when they are on sale and order the "C" and "F" string. If you but several sets at a time and order 3 or more of the top two strings you can get the guages and strings that that you like for a cheaper price.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    This is how I get my TI Jazz Flats with a High C, as well. I just order 4 string sets, and a couple high Cs at the same time.

I'd love to hear a 7 string with flats.

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    when i got my fretless 8 from bill, it came with the top 7 of the 8 strings fretless dean markley sr2000s . i still have them, they were pretty cool, but i like the bright roundwound sound on my fretlesses.