1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

7 strings...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    who makes 7 string sets?

2. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    D'Addarrio makes a 7 string roundowund set. I am interested to know who else - I am interested in half-wounds for my 7 string.

3. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    A couple more are Dean Markley SR2000's and Ken Smith Taper Core stainless roundwounds.

4. Conklin is selling 7 string sets now too.

5. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Yes, but they are just Dean Markley 2000s (Will Lee Set) in a different package. At least, according to JT--And, I think I'll trust JTs opinion on anything Conklin. :D

6. I buy 5 string sets when they are on sale and order the "C" and "F" string. If you but several sets at a time and order 3 or more of the top two strings you can get the guages and strings that that you like for a cheaper price.

7. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    This is how I get my TI Jazz flats with a High C, as well. I just order 4 string sets, and a couple high Cs at the same time.

I'd love to hear a 7 string with flats.

8. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    when i got my fretless 8 from bill, it came with the top 7 of the 8 strings fretless dean markley sr2000s . i still have them, they were pretty cool, but i like the bright roundwound sound on my fretlesses.