7" vinyl 45rpm singles

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by funkcicle, Apr 24, 2004.

1. funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    I just picked up a new lot of 45's... well over 3,000 of them, and I'm begining the FUN task of sorting through them. Rather than trying to sell them after the fact, I thought I'd inquire here if anyone wanted me to keep an eye out for anything in particular. I've gone through a few hundred and have already found some good stuff... 1967 Jimi Hendrix Experience Foxy Lady/Purple Haze on Reprise records(MINE! :D ), some Police, Guess Who, Prince, Jackson 5, Earth Wind and Fire, Airto Moreira, Tower of Power, and a lot of original Motown.

Stuff on WB, Arista, Motown(lots!), Atlantic, RCA, Geffen, Parrot, and a lot of record labels I wasn't familliar with before but of which I'm finding lots of releases. Also a good deal of Classical.. I found two Sheherezade sets, one in a mint condition box on RCA and the other on London records.

So, if anyone(like me) has a thing for 7" vinyl and wants me to look out for some stuff, just post a quick message with the name of the artist and/or record label. If I run across any I'll make a point of setting them aside and sending you an private message. I'll only ask $1 per record, plus actual shipping(which is cheap!). If you want multiple records on the same label, or I find a whole bunch that are to your liking I'll give you a great deal. If you want a box of random records, an even better deal! :p

Once I sort through and find some good stuff I'll post it on here, but I'll probably be asking more than $1 per record(as with those mentioned above), but still cheap.
  2. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    If there is any Rush, Yes or Pink fFoyd you can give me a PM.

Thats pretty cool. Sounds like alot of fun.

Can I ask how you came across getting all these singles?
  3. country_boy

Apr 13, 2004
    Houghton, MI
    I'd be interested in any country recordings
    Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Lefty Frizzell, June Carter, Charlie Daniels, Jerry Lee Lewis, Charlie Pride, Roger Miller, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Emmy Lou Harris, or similar.
  4. funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    a friend of mine cleans out estates for a living, I collect 45's (I have an oldschool jukebox.. THE very Jukebox that was used in the movie Saturday Night Fever :D ).. he got about 10,000 records recently(mostly 33s) and I bought the 45s off of him.. no Rush or Pink Floyd unfortunately.. I did find several Apple Records recordings though, George Harrison/Ringo Star/Paul McCartney, and I found a solo Yoko Ono record with solo John Lennon on the B side. I found a few early Stevie Wonder singles (1972-76 motown), those will make a nice addition to my personal collection! Found some Prince, a couple Police, and a few Blood Sweat and Tears tracks that still haven't made it to CD, too.

Of your list country_boy, I've found some Charlie Daniels(several), Jerry Lee Lewis(a couple), Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and Emmy Lou Harris.. some of those doubled up with other artists. A lot of Kenny Rogers, too. Once I sort back through and seperate them I'll send you a PM with what I've got.

...sorting through these records reminds me of how much fun it was to sort through comic books as a kid!
  5. In Jamaica, the 45 lives on. Reggae, dub and dancehall singles are still released in the 45RPM format there.