1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

700,000 Strings A Day

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Linnin, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Here's stuff you don't know.

fretlessguy, Root 5 and michael_t like this.
  2. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    This one is a bit older, but is much more about manufacturing and the factory floor itself. Still excellent information.

Root 5 likes this.
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

ha! way cool! i doubt that i would have seen this anywhere else. thanks for sharing some interesting stuff! :thumbsup:

Linnin likes this.
  4. They make strings for pretty much most stringed instruments so my guess is,
    out of the 700,000 strings they make, what, about 10,000 bass strings or less a day?
    Pro Guitarists change string almost weekly so I'd assume 400,000 of those are for 6 string guitars and
    another 100,000 for orchestral.
    He did say he has the market share of orchestral stringed instruments so it's quite possible only 5,000 strings made daily are bass strings and we change our strings once for every 20 times a guitarist does.
    I've used D'Addario Chromes on my bass going on 5 years now after trying 15 other brands.
    I change them about twice a year or when they start to not get or stay in tune.
    I'm sure there are bass players that put a set of D'Addarios on ten years ago and are still playing that same set.

....that took me 20 mins to watch the video then type this post, when I should have been woodshedding for tomorrow's show and the crowd will expect a few Christmas songs.
    Every year I learn 5-6 Christmas songs and by April have totally forgot them so it's back to square one and usually in a different key depending on which singer we're backing up.

Chromes.

5. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Might as well pop over to England to see how Rotosound does it.

6. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Now for my favorite string factory, ghs! Not a slick production just a couple of guys with a cellphone. Real life on the factory floor.

michael_t likes this.
  7. The most impressive thing in this video is the tatoo on @Jon Moody's left arm. ;):D

Linnin likes this.
  8. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    There are a lot of players here that like DR best. This video is more an infomercial than a true factory tour, but still affords a glimpse of their factory.

9. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    This isn't much more than straight out marketing. A few still shots of LaBella's very small factory.

10. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Is S.I.T. of Akron, Ohio the smallest string factory in the U.S.? Sure looks like it.

11. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Again, more infomercial than factory tour, but some nice shots of the nice new Dunlop string factory. Small.

12. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Not bad a piece informative marketing. Real Ernie Ball family. Some factory footage.