70's Ampeg SVT FS/FT - Chicago/IN/WI

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SuperDuck, Nov 3, 2004.

1. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I'm looking to trade my 1970's Ampeg SVT head. This is a 300w all-tube monster that has served me well for the past couple of years.

It is not in the best cosmetic shape. The tolex is ripped in places, and there are a number of scratches around the face, front, and back. It basically looks like a 30-year-old head that has been gigged heavily.

It's in great working condition, however. The amp was non-functioning when I received it, but I had it re-tubed and re-capped. The front on/off switch has also been replaced. It's loud, built like a tank, and has spankin' new tubes that were put in place by a trusted Chicagoland tech. The only mechanical problem is that the standby switch (which is in the back on this model) is not functioning correctly.

What I am looking for is either an SWR Redhead or a Peavey BAM combo. Thanks for any other offers that might be made, but I'm really only looking for one of these two. I love my head to death, but I really don't need it at this point in my career. I'm open to selling, too - make me an offer.

I will have access to a digital camera this weekend, and will be able to supply copious amounts of pictures to any interested parties this coming Sunday.

Shipping would be a pain for both parties involved, so I would really like to keep this in the Chicago area. I'd be willing to meet someone in the southern Wisconsin, western Indiana area, however.

Thanks in advance for any interest! :)
  2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    What would you be looking to get for it? And you wouldn't be interested in anything else in trade... say a lighter weight tube amp or cabs? Just curious.... :)
  3. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    PM sent.

For others interested, I'm asking $750 firm.