1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

70's Ampeg SVT FS/FT - Chicago/IN/WI

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SuperDuck, Nov 3, 2004.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm looking to trade my 1970's Ampeg SVT head. This is a 300w all-tube monster that has served me well for the past couple of years.

It is not in the best cosmetic shape. The tolex is ripped in places, and there are a number of scratches around the face, front, and back. It basically looks like a 30-year-old head that has been gigged heavily.

It's in great working condition, however. The amp was non-functioning when I received it, but I had it re-tubed and re-capped. The front on/off switch has also been replaced. It's loud, built like a tank, and has spankin' new tubes that were put in place by a trusted Chicagoland tech. The only mechanical problem is that the standby switch (which is in the back on this model) is not functioning correctly.

What I am looking for is either an SWR Redhead or a Peavey BAM combo. Thanks for any other offers that might be made, but I'm really only looking for one of these two. I love my head to death, but I really don't need it at this point in my career. I'm open to selling, too - make me an offer.

I will have access to a digital camera this weekend, and will be able to supply copious amounts of pictures to any interested parties this coming Sunday.

Shipping would be a pain for both parties involved, so I would really like to keep this in the Chicago area. I'd be willing to meet someone in the southern Wisconsin, western Indiana area, however.

Thanks in advance for any interest! :)

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    What would you be looking to get for it? And you wouldn't be interested in anything else in trade... say a lighter weight tube amp or cabs? Just curious.... :)

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    PM sent.

For others interested, I'm asking $750 firm.

4. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Sold. :)