1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

70'S FENDER JAZZ BASS PRICE ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gozan, Feb 12, 2001.

1. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE FOR A 70'S FENDER JAZZ BASS ? EXCELLENT CONDITION . NO COVERS,ORIGINAL PAINT STIPPED DOWN AND NOT ORIGINAL HARD SHELL CASE .

2. hmm, paint stripped, and its in excellent cond.? It give them $600, and tell them that it would cost about $200 to refinish it, that would bring it up to about what its worth, and BTW, what year is it, a '70 is worth lots more then a '79

3. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    It is a 1976 FENDER JAZZ BASS.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A 3-bolt refinished Jazz with no covers and non-original case would be about 5 maybe 550 in my neck of the woods (Southern Cal).

5. spoolie

spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    IF it plays well, around $500 in the NC, VA, TN area.

6. what part of socal would that be, cause in orange county, id give at most $500 for it

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hmm...I just searched on gbase.com and few other places. Haven't seen any 70's Jazz for under a $1000 except for Japanese RIs. Cheapest of those was $550. So, if any of you knows of a natural 4-bolt 70's Jazz with maple board for $500, please let me know. I can do nitro refin free, so don't care if paint has been stripped.

8. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    hmmm...you know what?
    where i live one of those things is at least 2500 US!

9. Don't buy it at $2500 ;).

Not even at 750.

10. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    of course i don't buy at 2500!!
    that's insane!
    hehe that's y i always have to wait till i get to the states to buy new basses!
    and that's a year-long wait!

11. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Guys, I am serious, if you know of a store selling an all-original, natural 4-bolt Jazz with all-maple neck and perloid blocks in $500 range, let me know. I don't care if pups are original or if finish is flakey, as I will refin anyway. So, comon all of you guys talking about $500 '70's Jazzes, find me one :)

12. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Just bringing this to the top...