Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

70'S FENDER JAZZ BASS PRICE ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gozan, Feb 12, 2001.

1. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    WHAT IS A FAIR PRICE FOR A 70'S FENDER JAZZ BASS ? EXCELLENT CONDITION . NO COVERS,ORIGINAL PAINT STIPPED DOWN AND NOT ORIGINAL HARD SHELL CASE .

2. hmm, paint stripped, and its in excellent cond.? It give them $600, and tell them that it would cost about $200 to refinish it, that would bring it up to about what its worth, and BTW, what year is it, a '70 is worth lots more then a '79

3. gozan

gozan

Sep 17, 2000
    It is a 1976 FENDER JAZZ BASS.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A 3-bolt refinished Jazz with no covers and non-original case would be about 5 maybe 550 in my neck of the woods (Southern Cal).

5. spoolie

spoolie

Nov 30, 2000
    IF it plays well, around $500 in the NC, VA, TN area.

6. what part of socal would that be, cause in orange county, id give at most $500 for it

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hmm...I just searched on gbase.com and few other places. Haven't seen any 70's Jazz for under a $1000 except for Japanese RIs. Cheapest of those was $550. So, if any of you knows of a natural 4-bolt 70's Jazz with maple board for $500, please let me know. I can do nitro refin free, so don't care if paint has been stripped.

8. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    hmmm...you know what?
    where i live one of those things is at least 2500 US!

9. Don't buy it at $2500 ;).

Not even at 750.

10. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    of course i don't buy at 2500!!
    that's insane!
    hehe that's y i always have to wait till i get to the states to buy new basses!
    and that's a year-long wait!

11. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Guys, I am serious, if you know of a store selling an all-original, natural 4-bolt Jazz with all-maple neck and perloid blocks in $500 range, let me know. I don't care if pups are original or if finish is flakey, as I will refin anyway. So, comon all of you guys talking about $500 '70's Jazzes, find me one :)

12. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Just bringing this to the top...