Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'70s Gibson EBO for sale, $750

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Selta, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ok, first off, sorry for the lack of info, but it's for sale for a friend, so I'm just posting what he's given me...here we go

Up for sale is an Early '70s Gibson EBO, short scale bass. Has the original HSC, and in excellent condition, never saw any gigs, but has a few scratches here n there. The bridge pickup was changed to either a Dan Lawrence or Seymour Duncan, though not sure which one. It's a dark reddish color.

Pictures will be coming as soon as he gets them to me, so if you're interested just reply and I'll know to get them up faster :p. Any questions just post 'em and I'll get that too. Later..

_RaY_

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
  3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Here's a pic
    [​IMG]

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Price...fall out? $400.

5. Do you still have the Gibson Bass for sale? Any more photos? Thanks.

6. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Yeah, still have it, currently entertaining an offer on it, but they don't seem serious. I used to have a TON of pics of it, but I didn't think anyone was interested heh, so I don't have them anymore. Anything specific you want to see? Feel free to e-mail me as well: rjsalamon@hotmail.com, make the title something about the bass, that way I don't think it's junk.
    Take care,
    Ray

7. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Ouch, the pickup change HURT the value probably.
    It would help him if he still had the original hardware available,
    though I can understand why it got swapped out.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Thor -- I think he may still have the original hardware actually, he's the only owner and made sure to get it after the swap, so, unless he sold/lost them or something, I'd imagine he still have them. I can ask, but I can also say that the swap makes the bass sound a HELL of alot better.
    Any more questions? I've one pic, so PM me for it, and if you have any requests PM me, or IM or e-mail, whatever floats your boat.
    Ray

9. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

b7!

10. Check the dates on those posts man. You dredged this up from the very bottom of the lake.