1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

70's SVT Head (all-tube & completely serviced) & 8x10 Cab (MD, PA, DC, VA NJ & DE).

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Quadzilla, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Update - will part out the head and ship it!!!

Who wants a true 70's SVT that was completely serviced recently and only has a few hours on her since servicing (raise your hand :bassist: )??? All new pre and power tubes (JJ power & JJ & Sylvania pre tubes). Head was biased all pots and switches, tube sockets cleaned and fan replaced. I have the original service bill and it was $532.23 for the service and tubes!!! Head 100% functional and the tone is TRULY to die for! You gotta hear this thing. It's sick!!! The tolex is peeling in a few spots and there are a few tell tale beer bottle marks on top, but all the knobs and switches are there and work fine as does the front panel.

I also have the matching 8x10 cab (in significantly worse shape than the head). Cab tolex is pretty bad but cab is structurally sound and one speaker was replaced and one other speakers could use replacing or a recone. I bought these from the orginal owner who bought them both around 75 or 76 he says. I just can't haul these as much as I want to!

Soooo, at this time I'm only going to sell locally and am going to offer the two as pair as they were purchased new in 75 or 76 by my friend (and recently sold to me). I live 20 min North of Baltimore and will drive up to 30 min to meet you. Let's start this at $1500 for both!!!!!!!!! I've seen just serviced 70's SVT heads go for a good bit more than I'm asking for both the head and cab. You get the cab too and I'll deliver or meet you. Can't beat that! This is the REAL deal folks. A NICE 70's SVT that's been completely gone thru and sounds AMAZING! When you factor in this got over $500 in servicing, it's REALLY a steal!!! Think of it this way, if yiou scored both of these for under a grand (which is almost unheard of) and had to service the head, this is about where you would be at and there are no "what if's" with the head. She is 100% fuctional and sounds AMAZING!

Update: I'm willing to sell the head for $1300. Price is FIRM as I know I can get more on Evil Bay. We all know the cab ain't worth much. I had trouble selling one earlier this year in similar shape for $125 (that one was missing 3 drivers though)! I'll ship the head also!

I'll leave this here for another day and then she is gone to evil bay.

2. Quadzilla

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

837f_3.

863c_3.

8882_3.

8a23_3.

8c32_3.

[​IMG]

8e4d_3.

3. Quadzilla

Updates at top!

4. Quadzilla

Just letting everybody know that this one is headed to Ebay real soon. Need some cash...

5. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    how much for the cab?

6. Quadzilla

$200 for the cab alone, but I imagine the shipping costs to you in FL would be high!

7. Quadzilla

She's there now, but per forum rules, I'm not posting a link...

8. ABH_bassist

ABH_bassist

Feb 24, 2005
    jax beach fl.
    my dads in westminster
    i might be able to work something out

9. Quadzilla

Dude, I'll load her up and deliver it to his door! Westminster is 20 min away!

10. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    It's true isn't it?

You have owned EVERY piece of equipment ever made!

My back hurts just thinking about all the times I had to move one of these stacks around. Sure do miss the sound though.

Hope the 'bay brings you a good price.

-R

11. Quadzilla

Actually it looks as though a TBer may be scoring her!

12. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario
    is this amp still for sale?

13. kdsi44

kdsi44

Oct 18, 2004
    nope, this baby is mine!!!!!!!! thanks fred...