1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

70's Wal: worth how much?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Detonation, Nov 29, 2006.

1. I came across this Wal on an auction site, and it seemed like a very nice bass. Owner claims it's from the seventies. I was wondering if this i true, and how much such a bass would be worth?

2. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    Looks like a Pro 1 and it would be from the 70s. Wals can fetch serious money now, especially the more fully featured ones. It wouldn't surprise me if this went for around £850.

Probably be over-priced at that but still...

3. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I love those basses...

4. That 850-pound figure might have been solid a few months ago, but now, who knows?
    From what I understand, the seller is a pawnbroker, which may work to your advantage.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Given the demand for Wals these days and the spiralling prices for used items, he'd probably get away with charging in excess of £1000 for that.

6. You're right indeed, that was what got me interested as well. The asking price is 1300 euros, which doesn't seem bad, but it's not a steal either I guess.

7. what is the link for this auction? I want to read the details !!!!:eyebrow:

8. Speak Dutch?