1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD 70's Yamaha SA-75 hollowbody (Very rare) Reduced to $900.00

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by banditcosmo, Oct 19, 2017.

1. banditcosmo

banditcosmo Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Reduced to $900.00 plus shipping
    I have for sale a very rare early to mid 70's Yamaha SA-75 for $900.00 plus shipping
    30-1/2" scale ,weighs around 8 to 9 lb's. Plays and sounds incredible. Low action, great balance. I was told it may even still have the original flat round strings on it. It also has the foam mute which is intact. Has the original leather tailpiece. The only thing that is not original are the strap lock buttons which were installed on it. It comes with a new Epiphone case that I just bought for it that fits it really nicely.
    It's in great condition especially for it's age. From what I was told it sat in a closet for close to 40 years and was not played. I'm the 3rd owner. There is one small dinged area (see pic) but otherwise it looks almost new. I doubt you will find another in this condition.

Why am I selling it? I absolutely love the tone of this bass and I got a lot of complements when I played it at a gig but I just find it's too big in size for me. I'm mainly looking to sell it but if someone has a lightweight small body size hollowbody that is short scale I might consider trading. Something like a German Hofner Club bass.

20170903_162933.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Absolutely beautiful. Too bad for me that lovely rosewood fingerboard is stateside!

banditcosmo likes this.
  3. A buddy had one in sunburst. Sounds great with flats. I esp like the pickup balance pot. Josh Homme plays one of these quite a bit and a saw a vid of Them
    Crooked Vultures in the studio and John Paul Jones was playing it. Cool and definatly not a bass you see everyday.

banditcosmo likes this.
  4. B-Mac

B-Mac Sorting Things Out Supporting Member

everything work? no dead spots in the pots or switch?

5. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I far as I know there are no dead spots I noticed. I just play it and I don't really looks for dead spots. I didn't notice any though. Switches work without an issue. The bass has hardly been played much at all over the years.

6. B-Mac

Is you avatar a JR?

7. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Yes, that's my Ana, rest her soul :(

8. B-Mac

sweet. I had 4 and I am down to 1. JR and bass club? LOL!

9. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Good idea !
    My Mom who lives 2 doors down from me has a JR, a Rat Terrier and she just got a Mini bull terrier puppy, talk about a mad house lol. It is fun to watch those guys play.

emjazz likes this.
  10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Beautiful bass!

banditcosmo likes this.
  11. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    I played this bass last night, wow it sounds soooo good. I wish I could get used to the size.

Possible trades:

Hofner Club bass
    Kay vintage reissue pro hollowbody
    Lakland hollowbody shortscale
    Rob Allen Mouse plus cash on my end
    Short scale basses

12. banditcosmo

Jul 12, 2002
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Sold on Reverb

13. B-Mac

They got a really nice bass at a really great price.