1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD '71 Ibanez Lawsuit Bass FS feeler

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lincoln, Nov 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lincoln

Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    SOLD

Here's the scoop on this one

Northern Ash
    All Maple neck - looks to be three piece!
    Custom pearloid pickguard
    Original tuners

I had used this as my primary bass having upgraded the the pickups, bridge and preamp. I eventually parted components out, all that remains are the Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pups.

Bass has a handful of small nicks, but for nearly 40 years old it's in great condition. It's a bit on the heavy side but the bass is of extemely rock solid condition,

Things you'll want to do - one of the tuning keys needs to be replaced and the screws for the pups have stripped out...so you'll want to drill these out and put new ones in to adjust the pickup heights... and you may need a fret job as there is a little fret buzz here and there...

I'll include the original bridge and ash tray covers....as well.

Here's a pic of the bass last summer in all it's glory. I'll take new pics tonight and upload them for you.

$300 + shipping

Attached Files:

2. I'd like to see a good shot of the headstock- some of these Ibanez basses have a very accurate(as in quite close to Fender)HS profile whereas some are not so close. Kickin basses either way(IME).

3. Lincoln

Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    I can take a shot of the headstock for you. I can tell you that the pickguard had to be custom cut as a standard pickguard didn't fit the pup routs...

I had an Audere in this with a Hipshot bridge and it just smoked!!

4. GregBass1979

GregBass1979

Feb 26, 2008
    Placentia,Ca
    Is that your bassface? lol nice lawsuit man!

5. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am a huge fan of these basses- some of the nicest slim necks ever in my opinion! Yours appears to have 70s pickup spacing too (I think mine was closer to 60s). What could convince you to get rid of it?

6. Lincoln

Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    ...well that's why it's a feeler. And my Dad did give it to me— he played it for years...babied it for years...

And I have a baby on the way and I'm not playing it right now...I'm considering other items to sell or trade down for, as well...

Oh and I've got multiple crazy bass faces this being the most normal of them....:eek:

7. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    i just got a lawsuit pbass....otherwise id be all over that.
    free bump.

8. explodingPSYCH

explodingPSYCH

May 7, 2009
    just curious, what's the width at the nut? same as a typical jazz?

9. Lincoln

Lincoln

Nov 3, 2006
    she's been sold...let me close this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.