1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

'72 Traynor YBA-3 parts?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StuartV, May 18, 2012.

1. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    I just got my new-to-me YBA-3 back from my amp guru and it is excellent almost all-original condition, performance-wise.

However, it needs some external things:

- 4 new feet
    - 2 new top handles
    - Traynor emblem for front grille

Anybody know where I can get any of these?

I looked at Fliptops and they list handles that are for vintage Ampegs that supposedly fit old Traynors, too. But, the handles on this one measure slightly longer (around 1 inch?) than the measurements on Fliptops, as well as being actually longer than the strap handle on my early 70s Ampeg V4. So, I'm not sure of the Fliptops strap handles will actually work on this Traynor.

Also, the Traynor feet do not have a bolt or screw visible from the bottom (like Ampeg feet do). The bolt appears to be embedded inside the foot and then sticks up through the bottom of the amp and has a nut threaded on inside the amp head's box. I know I can use the Ampeg style feet and make them work with some nuts/bolts/washers from Home Depot or similar. But, I'd really like to replace the feet with OEM or at least OEM-style, if I can.

And, lastly, if anybody knows where I can get a replacement Traynor badge for the front (the trapezoidal shaped one), that would be the icing on the cake! One sold on eBay about 3 days ago and I didn't see it until after the auction ended. Arrgghhh!!!

2. kraigo

kraigo

Jun 21, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Sorry, you're correct. Parallelogram, not trapezoid.

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out.

4. StuartV

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Looking at the strap handles on Reliable Hardware, it looks like the ends don't have covers over them to hide the screw (like the stock Ampeg and Traynor strap handles).

Is that correct? Or do they just not show a picture with the covers on them?