1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

73 fender bassman 100 looking for parts

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gintymoe, Mar 18, 2009.

1. gintymoe

gintymoe

Mar 18, 2009
    I have a 73 bassman 100 and i broke the volume pot on the bass side.I need help in finding vintage parts.I hope someone knows something.thanks

2. gintymoe

gintymoe

Mar 18, 2009
    Thanks alot BassmanPaul.I checked out their site and hey have one but not what im looking for.Im trying to find a old dusty box with my part in it or a used one floating around.The new ones have metal shafts and my old one is plastic.What im trying to do is just change out the shaft so the old girl is still factory orig.Im hopeing i can do this but im shure im screwed.I hate useing the old screwdriver on her.

3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Sound Chamber Repairs is the only place I know that carried used and NOS correctly dated CTS and Stackpole pots. I have a list from a couple years ago, and it does show a couple 1meg audio nylon shaft CTS pots dated 73 and 71.
    But unfortunately I see their website doesn't work anymore, and there's no phone number on the list either.

4. gintymoe

gintymoe

Mar 18, 2009
    Hey Caca de Kick thanks abunch for checking it all out for me.Thats to bad their site doesnt work or their out of bizz.Thanks for helping.