1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

73 fender bassman head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mike phillips, Mar 9, 2008.

1. i have a chance to get a bassman head for $400. it has all new tubes and has been biased professionaly. this bad boy is mint for a 73 model. i know the fella that has it and he keeps his stuff nice. i think its a fair deal but i would like the opinions of those that are more knowledgeable. thanks for your help. by the way its 100 watts.

2. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    That's a great amp, one of my favorites in the 70's era. If you like warm tube tone without too much distortion, then this amp is yours.

3. i like the sound of black sabbath, deep purple. so i reckon this head would fit in with the tone that i like. i do not play with distortion. how about the price? is it worth the $400.

4. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    This is the Bassman 100? Price wise, in my limited experience, is good.

5. Bassman 100 is a good amp. 400 bucks sounds reasonable, especially if it's been looked over and is in good operating condition.

6. this almost looks new. the only thing i dont like about it is, it has his bands name painted on the tolex. yes, this is the bassman 100.

7. pedro

pedro

Apr 5, 2000
    Madison, WI.
    That's a head I'd love to have. Seems like a good price. Did you try it out? How does it sound?

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    If it's been re-capped, had the transformers checked and the tyube set is not only new, but a decent tube set. The $400 is a reasonable price. The 100 is kind of 'stiff' sounding for a tube amp IMO.

Seeing as YBA-200's show up in the 450 to 500 range - I'd probably save a bit and do that rather than a Bassman 100 ...

9. tried it out through a ampeg 410 and an 810. it sure does sound good. like i said a good friend of mine has it and he takes very good care of his stuff.

10. rudedogg

rudedogg

Mar 23, 2007
    Then by all mean....grab that thing up! It should increase in value also so u cant really go wrong.