Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'73 Fender Jazz for sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RudeMood, Dec 15, 2005.

1. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Think I have this one sold... Japanese Geddy Lees be damned - this one is the real thing; see pics! A true player's bass with mucho mojo! $1800. Will consider a trade for a Sadowsky 4 or 5 string.

It plays GREAT with no issues. The neck is fine with no dead spots or fret buzzing. Frets are worn but still have a lot of life. The tone is what you would expect from an old jazz; a warm fuzzy growl. Some player wear, light finish checking.

The front pick-up is a '62 re-issue, the stock bridge was replaced with a BadAss II, the tone knob is not original, and two pots have been replaced. The pick up cavities have what appears to be copper shielding added. All else is original to the best of my knowledge. Both pick-up covers are MIA. Comes with a newer Fender hard case.

I can send more pics on request - I can try to take some higher res pics that will show more detail. Questions welcomed. Buyer to pay shipping and I will ship to continental US only. Payment by money order or cashiers check. Scammers don't waste your time.

E-mail me at rudemood66@yahoo.com.

2. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    is that OBO or 1800 firm?

3. Rodriguez

Rodriguez

Nov 6, 2004
    NYC
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification & LaBella Strings
    E-mail sent!

Regards,
    R

4. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Ok you let me know best price and condition and I make send Western Union payment .................. ooops sorry you said no scammers in your ad, but damn that's such a fine lookin bass!!!!!!

5. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Price is $1800 firm. Thanks--

6. tjoTim

tjoTim

Apr 30, 2002
    Ohio, U.S.A
    Can you tell me how much it weighs?

7. RudeMood

RudeMood

Nov 7, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Sorry for the delay in my reply... the bathroom scale indicates 9 lbs.

8. Wow I have a 72' now u got me thinking...

well,free bump for a nice bass.