Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'73 Fender Jazz w/Moses neck F/T

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Scot, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    I have a '73 Fender Jazz (serial number 412765) with a Moses Diamondwood graphite neck. The body is ash with the original clear finish and has the amount of wear you would expect from a 31 year-old bass. The neck is in nearly new condition and was installed by one of the best repairmen in the San Francisco Bay area. He did a wonderful job and the neck is amazing - it's very thin but once you get used to it it's hard to play any other neck. This is the ultimate Marcus Miller bass with no dead spots and the neck doesn't have to be adjusted with the change of climate or seasons (which comes in handy if you're doing a lot of traveling with the bass). The bridge is a Badass II and the original white pickguard has been replaced with a black one. It has Bartolini 9W4 pickups but they are currently not wired up so you'll have to wire them up. The body has not been routed or modified but there is room for a 9-volt battery in the control cavity (it used to have a J-Retro in it). I bought the bass from the original owner in Glendale, CA in 1987. It was completely stock and had a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard (just in case you're interested in the history of the bass). I also have a Valley Arts Guitar neck made by Warmoth that I bought in 1987. It was installed on the bass by Valley Arts Guitars at that time. It's a curly maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It is also a great feeling neck and feels more like the vintage-style Jazz necks than the necks Warmoth sells today. It has the Valley Arts logo on the head-stock. The finish has been worn off the back of the (Warmoth) neck. I will also include a HSC that was originally for a Yamaha BB3000A. I had to tear out some of the padding to make it fit the Jazz but it works fine.

I already have another great 4-string Jazz bass so I'm wondering if anyone would like to trade a Lakland Skyline 5 string or similar for my Jazz. I'll also throw in the Valley Arts neck so you can decide if you're into the Moses/graphite or the rosewood neck vintage J vibe. I'd prefer to trade for a 5 string but will sell it for $550 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Email or PM me.

edit: The bass and Valley Arts neck have been sold. Thanks to everyone for the interest.

-Scot

2. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    I guess the pics I have are too large to upload. Shoot me an email if interested and I'll send you a zip file with all the pics. Thanks! :bassist:

-Scot

3. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i'd love to see pics... how much would you sell it for outright?

4. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
  5. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Hey everyone,

I posted a bunch of pics of the bass and extra neck here:

pics no longer here since bass has been sold.

Thanks for looking and sorry I couldn't figure out how to post a picture in the thread. I know there has to be someone out there that has a Lakland Skyline 55-01 or 55-02 that ain't digging the 5 string thing and wants to get their hands on a killer Jazz. :hyper:

-Scot

6. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    shwashwa,

I sent ya an email. Thanks.

-Scot

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    emailed you.

8. MICK P

MICK P

May 14, 2003
    Sullivan, IL
    PM sent.

9. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    PM back at ya.

10. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Email back at ya.

-Scot

11. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Quite a bit of interest but it's still available. I have about 40 pics online at:

http://cyndi.hansco-music.com

(OK, I confess - I'm a digital camera newbie)

-Scot

12. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    bump

13. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    bump

14. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Monday morning bumpage.

-Scot

15. sk8rboymc

sk8rboymc

Mar 28, 2003
  16. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    sk8erboymc,

That looks like a nice bass but not what I'm looking for now. I've owned 5 or 6 Ibanez basses in the past and they've all been nice basses. I'm looking for a 5'er that's Fender"ish" like a Skyline, G&L, Fender, etc. Thanks for the offer, though.

-Scot

17. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Shoot - I turned down a couple of cash offers hoping to come accross a good trade. I'm starting to warm up on selling it out-right so I can buy a Skyline. Make me an offer. Dangit, I'm jonesin for a 5'er.

-Scot

18. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    First $600 gets it shipped to their door (in the lower 48) with the HSC and extra neck.

-Scot

19. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Bump.

20. Scot

Scot Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Pacifica, CA, USA
    Cash price reduced to $550 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Price includes spare Warmoth neck and bass case. Still prefer trade for Skyline 5'er.

-Scot