1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

73 P, Sad Metro, Gib SG re-issue... I want that 64 P sale

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by AA63, Mar 27, 2009.

1. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    ======== All gone. Thanks Everyone =====

Hey guys,

Here's the deal... I want to see if I can swing that 64 P from Daniel, so here's three up.

The condition is that if they all do not sell, none of them do. Please read that again so there are no misunderstandings.

I know it is a bit of a bizarre condition, but let's see if we can pull a little Talkbass magic off and get this done, potentially making 5 TB'ers very, very happy.

These 3 are all keeper basses, I have a decent collection and do not keep ones that are just OK. So let's go...

74 Fender Precision, walnut/maple/all original including trays and case. Mocha custom color that you either love or hate. Owned it for many years, natural wear. [Edit] Forgot the bonus option -- I also have a 76 maple cap fretless neck that fits nicely on this body as well. $1750 solo, $2150 with the blank-plank neck included.
    [Edited year of bass after taking it apart. Price change reflected.]
    ---

Sadowsky MV4 '59 burst ash/maple/vtc/case/. Just picked this up from Adrian. Stunning tone, set up to perfection. Equals my NYC's in sound and playability which is not true of all of the metro's I've had. $1500.

---

Gibson SG Re-Issue - 30" shorty/7.something pounds/great condition/gibson fitted case. I picked this up for my 13yr. old son and grin every time he plays it, it's so old school and he doesn't even know who Jack Bruce is! Bonus option... I have a pair of Darkstars waiting to go into it for the ultimate in comfort and thunder. $700 as is $950 with the DS's.

Want them all? Talk to me. Pics to come.

Again, please be clear, I've priced these reasonably in an attempt to move them all, and that is the condition of the sale of each of them.

I know it's a little offbeat, but hey, I've always liked 5/4(!) so let's just see how this goes. I will keep this up for a week or so.

Thanks everyone,

Allan

2. thudstaff23

thudstaff23

Mar 10, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    PM Sent.

3. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Replied.

4. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Edited original post. I picked this up from the Guitar Broker many years ago. It was listed as a 73/74. I'm not sure how he got that date. I just pulled it apart, the neck date is illegible. The pots date to 74, the white pickguard is not original, price has been adjusted. Still a smoking instrument in vg condition.

[​IMG]

SG Re-issue

[​IMG]

Sad Metro

[​IMG]

More pics here.

5. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Here's an update...

I have received much interest in the Sadowsky, that should not be a problem to sell. The extras (Darkstars and 78 Fretless neck) have also received good interest.

Not much on either the Fender or the Gibson. Feel free to make some offers.

6. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    bump

7. I love your P - is that the original color and finish?

8. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi Doc, yes it is.

9. weight of Sad plz? thanks.

10. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    9lb (a hair under)

11. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

really like the P, although...thumb rest?? can't see holes for it in either upper or lower position, which in 74 could be either, can you lift up the guard and check?

12. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi Dave,

Holes are in the upper position.

13. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Two more days... bump

14. Flabass

Flabass

Aug 11, 2008
    St. Petersburg
    PM sent

15. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Replied. And a bump.

16. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Bump for my old bass.

I hope youve enjoyed your time with her!

17. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi Kyle,

I did indeed, my son more so. He's not happy with me at the moment but will understand when he's older and will (potentially) be the owner of a rare piece of history.

A

18. SloworNotAtAll

SloworNotAtAll

Apr 15, 2007
    Bump for that P,
    I own that exact model and paid...that exact price haha.
    If I had the money I'd buy this one too.

19. AA63

AA63

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Hi Guys,

It looks like this just may happen...

All of these items are now ON HOLD pending final details.

A

20. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    Good!

Let me know about the darkstars if you still have them.