1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

74 guild bass arrived !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by uncle dnx, Mar 23, 2009.

1. uncle dnx

uncle dnx

Apr 11, 2007
    iowa
    just got my guild js2 today . great short scale bass. condition is average for being 35 years old, the normal checking and rash. but the action is good . outpout seems a little weak to me but all in all pretty cool. wondering if anybody else is a fan of these
    guild.

2. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    No pics no bass!

3. uncle dnx

uncle dnx

Apr 11, 2007
    iowa
    here she is

4. demon666

demon666

Jul 16, 2005
    Providence RI
    I've always wanted one of those, but long scale. I'm pretty sure a set of darkstars would drop right in.

5. i've always wanted a long scale JS-II. that has been on my GAS list for a long time.

beautiful bass for it's age, enjoying playing her :)

6. uncle dnx

uncle dnx

Apr 11, 2007
    iowa
    thanx, its alittle neck heavy but a wider strap hung a skosch lower might help. darkstars might be good idea being that i was recentley educated on them.

7. Slax

Slax

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Nice! Anyway to post sound clips? I'd love to hear how that bass sounds. Does it sound like a Gibson EB series?

8. uncle dnx

uncle dnx

Apr 11, 2007
    iowa
    man.. i had a hard enough time trying to get this crappy picture up. i just played an ebo last week and this isnot as muddbuckery? I'll probably take it to a shop to have a good tune up on her.

9. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    Thats a nice bass - I was looking at a very nice black one the other day - with the mono/stereo thing too. It was a bit overpriced so I left it - but what a bass!

I bet you'll enjoy that one

10. HUGE fan of the Chesterfield inlay headstock on those '70s Guilds.

Enjoy!

11. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Nice....I always liked those.