Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

75% Black Sabbath reunion for Ozzfest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jobu3, May 23, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Just saw somthing on MSN about it... Ozzy, Tony Iommi, Geezer, and Mike Bordin on drums. Too bad its not Bill Ward, I'd probably have gone. :scowl:

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dunno. At this point, I'm pretty sure Ozzy is A) Hocked up on goofballs, B) Incontinent, C) Both.

Not sure how good the shows would be. :(

3. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It might have been worth it (to me at least), if Geezer and Bill were both in it. I missed the last Sabbath tour with all of them but from what my brother said, Ozzy did more running around mooning and spraying the audience with a fire hose than anything remotely close to singing... Maybe the percentage should be more like 66%? :eyebrow:

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Any ideas as to why Bill Ward isn't playing?

I gave up on Ozzfest YEARS ago - too much metal for my tastes. Last one I saw I only went to see Fear Factory. Who's playing this year?

5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I haven't the slightest idea who's on the bill or why Bill won't be banging out time... I really got away from metal a few years ago but Sabbath is still one of my favorite bands. Geezer is half the reason I wanted to play bass in the first place so it kind of jumped out at me when I was going to check my email...

6. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    Judas Priest.... Damage Plan... BLS... that's all I can remember.

7. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I think my brother saw them in the summer of 2001 when Ozzy was more into fooling around than singing... Band was dead on though. :meh:

8. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    I caught the Vancouver bc show, Bill & Geezer were TIGHT. The bill was also more diverse, the only thing that REALLY SUCKED was Primus played early and I miss them. :scowl:

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Bill ward is now joining the band, it was announced yesterday. I definitly have to try and go.

10. I dunno, Ozzy can still sing. It would be a heck of an experience to see the original Sabbath line-up.

11. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    i'm definilty going heres 4 reasons:
    1 Black sabbath- geezer!? common people.
    2 Judas Preist
    3 BLS- zakk wylde is amazing
    4 Slayer

and i kind of laughed when i read the " theres to much metal at ozzfest for my taste"....heh

12. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Oh my. Thanks for the heads-up. I would love to see the original Sabbath band. Like Big Joe, Geezer Butler was one of my early inspirations and bass playing heros when I was starting out (many moons ago). I wore out like three or four copies of Paranoid and Master of Reality trying to learn all of Geezer's bass lines. Bill Ward is an awesome drummer too, that promises to be a great show.

About Ozzy, he's an interesting cat. I was backstage at one point during the earlier tour, and Ozzy was running around being his typical self (the one you see on TV, the one that looks and sounds like he has an emerging case of Parkinson's or something, constantly nodding and shaking and occasionally talking to himself), but the instant he got behind the mic he turned into OZZY, just like the Ozzy we all know and love. I hope he can keep that up during this coming tour, he definitely still has some energy but it seems like he sometimes keeps it in reserve for the moments when it really counts. And in all fairness, at his age and with everything he's done, there will be times when he won't be feeling 100%, so at least he can spray the crowd with a fire hose and get people to have fun and enjoy the band. He's quite a character. In his heart though, he's a genuine and caring human being. At least that's my perception from the few times I've interacted with him, and the times I've gotten to watch him interact with some of the other people on the tour.

How much for show tickets this time around?

13. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Hatebreed is headlining.

+ Judas Priest(with Halford.Owens sucks)
    + Slayer(minus Lombardo,I think)
    + Black Label Society
    + Dimmu Borgir(The blackest band in the universe)

+ the Sabs(too bad Cozy is dead.he's as good if not better than Bill.I personally would have liked Dio on vocals.

This year's show is worth it,cuz the only crap band is Slipknot.

14. Metallideth

Metallideth

Feb 19, 2004
    well i paid 50$ for metallica and 35 for lawn seats for ozzfest...oh...and 35 for primus 6/26!!

15. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Uhm, the thing I hate about live Ozzy is every 5 seconds that he's not singing, he needs to shout, "We love you" or "C'mon" or "C'mon Clap yer ****in' hands!" or "LOUDER!!!!!!" If Ozzy would shut up for 5 seconds, it might be worth it.

16. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    or Oh ya

17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I hope Black Sabbath dosn't play the same setlist as the past 30 years, i hope they mix it up with some of there songs you wouldn't expect to hear.....but probably not

18. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Has Tony lost fingers on his fretting or playing hand?

19. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    when he was a teenager the tips of his fingers were sliced off on a machiene. He melts plastic and molds it to fit his fingers when he plays. Kinda neat.

20. ironmaidenisgod

ironmaidenisgod

May 20, 2004
    Kool