Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

75 Jazz Ressiue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mr Socko, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Mr Socko

Mr Socko Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2000
    I would like to pick up a 75 Jazz Reissue and Musicians Friend will no longer carry them. Is Fender going to discontinue this model?

2. cjlbass

cjlbass

Nov 15, 2002
    As far as I know it is still a current model, I would recomend that you should call a music store, and ask them if it is still available, and what the price is. You might be very surprised to find a remarkable similarity in prices between Musicians Friend and a good music store in your area.

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    the fender site shows what they are calling the "American Vintage." Click here for that stuff. Fender has plans to cease operations at their Japanese plant and move it to the Mexico plant... I don't know if anyone outside of fender knows what models that are going to be made in the Mexico plant in the future... I do see a lot of the MIJ reissue basses on ebay...

P@

4. basskunk

basskunk

Oct 16, 2001
    atl,ga
  5. cjlbass

cjlbass

Nov 15, 2002
    The Japanese 75 reissue was discontinued about 3 years ago, and they are currently a US made bass. There is also the classic series 60's reissue that is cool, and is made in Mexico, but the US 75 reissue I sold was about $1600, the 60's reissue sells for like $600.

6. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    cjlbass is correct. There was a '75 reissue MIJ offered for a few years in the mid 90's (I have one), and as he stated, has been disco'd for a few years now. The current '75 reissue is MIA and costs alot more new than the MIJ version did back then...not only that, but the MIA comes with cases, and the chrome covers.
    I have seen '75 reissues on ebay lately, and they all have been MIJ's.

I recently got an Elderly Instruments catalog in the mail, and they show to carry the MIA '75 reissue for about $1299.

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
  8. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I was looking at that bass as soon as they went out but the Geddy Lee is just like it except that it deosn't have an ash body and has leo quan bad ass bridge instead. Take a look!

9. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    If you are interested there is a 75R.I. special edition that comes in candy apple red w/matching headstock. But you have to look for them as there were only 140 here in the U.S.A . this bass comes with all covers and tools and vintage case.:D

10. Mr Socko

Mr Socko Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Thanks for all the info guys. I have found two, A natural with maple neck, and a candy apple red with rosewood. Both about the same price. I really wanted natural with rosewood. Of the two I've found what are your thoughts on the one to go with. I've played the natural and it's great. The CR Red I would have to order.

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    where did you find these as I am also interested in finding a 75 RI for a decent price?

-KB

12. Noobai

Noobai

Aug 25, 2002
    Stanford, CA
    Did I mention that Im going to steal that bass Pyrohr?

13. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    Noobai little buddy, I have been talkin to santa and he's got his eyes on you so be on your best behavior :)

14. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    KB any of the large music stores should be able to order these basses if they don't store them

15. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    im not entirely sure , but i beleive i saw one on bassgear.com at a great price- take a peek over there--

16. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    heres the email of the seller on bassgear-
    cyberpunk2182@aol.com
    $550 for the bass with quaerter pounder pups- nice deal, i think-
    i am not involved othe than letting you know where it is-good luck!- Adrian