1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

75 jazz, what is it worth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smokinj38, Jan 15, 2008.

1. smokinj38

smokinj38

Jan 13, 2008
    mantua ohio
    can anyone tell me what a 75 or 76 jazz is worth. decent shape, gracefully aged white. i have owned to since new, i just wonder why people get a strange look in their eye and ask if i will sell it. thanks for any help in advance. and no it is not for sale. it was my first new one and i am just curious.

2. Dave R

Dave R

Sep 21, 2007
    Boise, ID USA
    I have a '73 Jazz, and asked the same question. The answer I got was to check E-Bay. I did, and found 2 '73's for sale. One asking $3,995 in good condition, and one asking $4,995 in mint condition. I checked a week later and one of them had sold. Don't remember which one.

Hope that helps a little.

3. smokinj38

smokinj38

Jan 13, 2008
    mantua ohio
    thanks for the info

4. I had a '75 Jazz that was cremey white, I bought it in 2002 for $1400, sold it 2 years later for $1800 and even though it was average shape (cool play wear) it would be in the upper $2000 to low $3000 range. It looked cool as all heck, sounded horrible.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021