1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

75 P bass body - nice piece of ash

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by AA63, Sep 22, 2010.

1. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Attention all project builders:

I have a P body that I bought many years ago. I bought the bass for the neck, a 1975 maple fretless.

The bass was barely assembled, and it looked like the person who owned it took a chisel to it with ambitions to add a MM pickup in the bridge spot. It is stripped down to wood. Either that or he had a pet woodchuck that he never fed. So...

I held onto it for a while telling myself that I would send the body to Dolan to restore one day, or to add a MM or Darkstar and make a grinder. That never happened, I sold the neck last year and am left with the body. So...

The rest of the body seems good, there are no cracks and the neck pocket is fine. The tone of the bass was great when it was assembled, nice vintage aggressive if you know what I mean.

Anyone interested in a very nicely grained ash body to play with or restore?

How about $125 I'll throw in the bridge if I find it and a set of unknown P pups from the drawer (they are Fenders not sure from where though.)

Let me know.

2. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Pix?

3. I am very interested and would like to see some pics too.

4. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Pics... the carnage...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Let me know.

5. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    i'd be interested in pics too sounds like an interesting restore project

6. bongomania

bongomania Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Wow. You weren't kidding about the woodchuck!

7. Thats still an amazing price I have seen alot worse in the 200$ range and i sold an unrouted body of similar vintage for 350$ i think, that was a refin.

If the bridge is original fender from same vintage its worth 100$ alone.

Bump for a steal either way

8. mcapote

mcapote

Sep 9, 2009
    Miami Florida
    pics didnt come through at work, i see em now, looks like a screwdriver and hammer attempt LOL

9. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    well, the back looks real nice....

10. AA63

AA63 Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Montreal, Canada
    Sold. Thanks everyone.

Just a personal note...

I've been here for quite a while. I've been the recipient of good deals, and proper valued transactions. I've never been taken advantage of.

For most of us, music, gear and bass is a passion. To have a place to go to that is safe to purchase good gear, hang out and chat -- is something that is not common.

So when you have the chance, and have something lying around that you know you will never use, or that you yourself received at a good price, and know that someone else will get a kick out it, or great pleasure from it, pass it on at a decent price.

I'm fortunate to have collected vintage basses - I know how much the body is worth. I paid virtually nothing for it, and it has sat in a box for years.

Who knows, maybe a young player will buy this P bass after the new owner re-vitalized it and it will be the best thing he ever could afford. Maybe it will inspire him.

11. shrigg

shrigg Joy Decision Bassist/BL, AudioKinesis Beta Tester Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Traverse City, MI
    Nicely stated AA. This is the reason many of us come around here. Yours is an appreciated outlook that is contagious and sure to inspire. Thanks for passing it forward!

Best and Kindest,
    Darren