'75 Precision Bass-New Photos-$950

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ghostsontheroad, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Okay, So I'm re-posting this because I needed to take my own pictures and I wanted to start fresh. I have taken a ton of hi-res photos of this baby and have lowered the price to $950 Shipped.I bought this bass over the summer from TheDialog as a "twin" to my 1972 stripped and stained Precision. This was going to be my back-up, or "back-up plan" In case something happened to the '72. Well, I love my '72 too much to play anything else...Feels like I have too much invested in my "back-up bass," this needs to be someone's main instrument...needs to played. It is a 1975 Fender Precision bass. Everything is original except the pots, pickguard, and covers. It was stripped a long time ago. The paint leftover in the neck pocket indicates it was black or sunburst. The back of the neck was refinished with some nice gloss and is super smooth and playable(check pictures). May have been refretted at one point, the last fret is missing. The original pickups have a great, full sound to them. The bass is really smooth and has great feel and low action. It definitely has possibilities if you are not into the natural wood look. Way too nice to be sitting in a case. I paid $1,100 like 2 months ago...so, I think it's a fair price for a '75 P-bass. Only trade I would be interested in would be a shell pink Precision body to take 200-300 off the price. Maybe a shell pink MIJ,MIM Precision under $500 value.
    16.jpg
    21.jpg
    19.jpg
    20.jpg
    DSCN1471.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.jpg
    14.jpg
    12.jpg
    7.jpg
    5.jpg
    4.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    14.jpg
    13.jpg
    11.jpg
    18.jpg

2. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    Nice bass. A few questions:

1. You mention non-original covers, but no sign of them in the pictures. Are they included (both bridge and PU)?

2. How is the output balance from string to string? PU is somwhat slanted to suggest uneven output. I have a '76 FL and I understand this issue.

3. Case?

THX

3. Ash Trays will be included, both Bridge and Pickup
    I havent noticed anything weird in the output.
    There's A non original fender case included. There's pictures of it in its case here: 1975 Fender Precision Bass pictures by ghostsontheroad - Photobucket

4. bump

5. corinpills

corinpills

Nov 19, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Sweet bass and a good price.

6. might be selling locally....

7. BUMP

8. the art guy

the art guy Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Iowa
    That's a really cool player's bass. I'll trade you a Peavey T-40 for the loaded body... ;)

9. MN_Bass

MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Weight and nut width?

10. hahaha, I gave up on Peaveys...had a few though. We could have worked out somethan awhile ago when you had that shell pink P-bass haha!

11. 1.625" for the Nut, I'm not sure about the weight(don't have a scale) but it's super light. Way lighter than my '72.

12. Got some offers around town, but if anyone is truly interested shoot me an offer and I'll check it out

13. MN_Bass

MN_Bass

Sep 21, 2008
    Minnesota
    Free bump, I can't believe this is still here. I bet it sounds great. Kind of like ugly chicks, not much to the eye but they get the job done :)

14. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Ooh, that bass speaks to me. Would you have any interest in selling the loaded body on its own?

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021