75 RI Jazz Bass pups? Is there Any truth to this?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Jun 3, 2017.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    (The following is from a 2010 post I came across earlier today) - "The custom shop's (60's) are just a recreation of the pickups used at that time. There is nothing realy speacial about them, they just give you a 'middle of theroad' standard jazz bass tone. Which is probably why people want them in the first place.
    The 75's sound the same but with a fuller fatter more bulky sound. Like 60's custom shop pickups, but with a little bit of steroids." - I copied and pasted this here from a 2010 thread and I'm dying to know if this is in fact true? ... and if it is, Where in Heck can I find a set of these glorious sounding pups? I happen to LOVE the CS60's pups, that's why I have them in two of my J Basses, but if the 75 RI Jazz pups sound like CS60's "with a little bit of Steroids", then SIGN ME UP! :hyper:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    A bit of a contradiction?

3. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    ? ... I'm not sure what you mean by that; please explain.

4. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    They "sound the same", but they sound different: "fuller fatter more bulky".
    It's either one or the other.

5. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    I think he probably means they (the 75RI's) sound very similar but with a bit more output ... which is still a good thing.

6. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth