1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

75 RI Jazz Bass pups? Is there Any truth to this?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Jun 3, 2017.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    (The following is from a 2010 post I came across earlier today) - "The custom shop's (60's) are just a recreation of the pickups used at that time. There is nothing realy speacial about them, they just give you a 'middle of theroad' standard jazz bass tone. Which is probably why people want them in the first place.
    The 75's sound the same but with a fuller fatter more bulky sound. Like 60's custom shop pickups, but with a little bit of steroids." - I copied and pasted this here from a 2010 thread and I'm dying to know if this is in fact true? ... and if it is, Where in Heck can I find a set of these glorious sounding pups? I happen to LOVE the CS60's pups, that's why I have them in two of my J Basses, but if the 75 RI Jazz pups sound like CS60's "with a little bit of Steroids", then SIGN ME UP! :hyper:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    A bit of a contradiction?

3. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    ? ... I'm not sure what you mean by that; please explain.

4. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    They "sound the same", but they sound different: "fuller fatter more bulky".
    It's either one or the other.

5. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    I think he probably means they (the 75RI's) sound very similar but with a bit more output ... which is still a good thing.

6. madjazzbass

madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth