1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

75RI style Warmoth/USACG with Silver Sparkle?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by naughtry, Sep 23, 2008.

1. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    After much deliberation in buying a American 75ri I have decided to build my own bass to get exactly what I want and something more personal.

My inspiration came from a combination of the 75ri, chris fleming closet classic jaguar (relic shoreline gold, rosewood neck w/inlay)
    and this guitar
    8ed5_1.

I want to build up a lightweight ash jazz bass with some sort of silver sparkle or gold finish, black p/g, and maple black binding/inlay neck. So far I am liking the paint on the Jagmaster pictured the best. It is listed as silver sparkle but it looks more vintage gold and classier then other silver sparkle finishes I have seen the just looked lame. This Firemist Gold Tele has a similar base color for what I want.
    c259_12.

Who would be my best bet for the finish?
    These guys look like they would do a good job but I would like some options.
    http://guitarmill.com/

Also, which would you choose...

Warmoth Dinky J or USACG Jay Jr body?

Warmoth or All Parts neck?

My other Jazz is a MIA Black/Black/Maple fb with Audere preamp, nordstrand NJ4s and its awesome and covers about anything I need. This next bass will serve as a back up and a lighter weight bass for practicing hours on end. I will probaly use 75ri Fender pups and keep it passive for now using my extra MIA jazz bass control plate that is laying around but will add a J-Retro preamp at some point.

2. ThunderV

ThunderV Is getting yelled at by his cat!! Supporting Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Brunswick, OH
    I have a warmoth jazz bass with the "dinky j" body. Warmoth products are top notch. The necks are a little heavy, but the tone you get from them is second to none.:bassist::hyper::bassist: