Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'76 Fender Precision ("A" Neck) - You Won't Believe This Bass is 29 Years Old!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by peabody, May 16, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Vintage Vibe!!! - I have for sale a '76 Fender Precision Bass with the popular "A" neck. The vintage P-bass sound with a Jazz feel...the best of both worlds. Sunburst finish with a maple neck. This bass is in excellent shape. In fact, when I got it I took it to my local guitar shop to verify the sunburst finish was original.. It was so nice I thought for sure it was a re-fin...it's not, it's the original finish. The rest of the bass is also all original, with the exception it appears the tone and volume pots have been changed. It comes with the original bridge/pick-up covers and the original molded Fender case. The case is functional, but has had a couple of the latches replaced. As stated above, the neck is an "A" neck, which is a thinner, jazz-like neck and only 1.5" at the nut. It plays great. The neck does have two small dings on the fretboard that don't affect playability. This is a medium weight bass at about 9.5 lbs. The original pickguard is white, but I will also include (because I'm a nice guy) a '62 reissue genuine Fender product tort guard and a white pearloid guard, at no extra charge. Each one give the bass a different look...I'll let you decide what look you like. I am looking to sell this outright, but may consider a trade (and some cash) for a thin neck Bob Glaub. That's the only trade I'd consider. The $1400 is firm, but this will include FedEx Ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. Additional pics are available upon request. Payment by US Postal money order only (I'm not a big fan of PayPal).
    E-mail if you have any questions. You can e-mail me at peabody59@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

2. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I have sent an e-mail back with the pics and have now included my e-mail address in my ad....sorry for the omission.

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Here's a couple of additional pics...

4. naughtry

naughtry

Jan 31, 2004
    NYC / D.C.
    Just sent you an email. - nik