Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

76 Gibson Thunderbird IV

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Thornton Davis, Nov 20, 2000.

1. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    If you've been looking for a 1976 Bi-Centennial Gibson Thunderbird IV in next to mint condition, this is it. Other than two tiny dings, this bass is like new. There is NO play ware on it! All chrome parts are like new including the hand rest covers.
    The neck/head is perfect, never having been broken or repaired. Serial number dates the manufacturing to mid 1976 not 1977 which was when most of them were actually made.
    Gorgeous tobacco burst finish and the bass is 100% original except for the addition of Schaller strap lock pins.
    The bass sounds and plays amazing and has a new set of Markley Blue Steel med-light gauge strings on it. I'm including a 64 T-Bird case in excellent condition with the bass.
    I have a few pictures that I will gladly e-mail to you.
    The price is $1,895.00 firm. 76 T-Birds are becoming harder to find, especially one in this condition.
    Sorry, i'm not interested in trades.
    Cheers

2. the wizard

the wizard

Oct 10, 2000
    Sweden
    Cool! I wish I could afford it!

3. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    Hey Wiz, I wish you could afford it to! T-Birds are amazing basses, this one is incredible. I'm in no hurry to sell it, and I won't be unhappy if it doesn't sell. I'm extremely proud to own this particular bass.
    Cheers

4. Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
  5. the wizard

the wizard

Oct 10, 2000
    Sweden
    It shure looks great. When my student days are over, I´ll hunt one of those old T-birds down. John Entwisle!