1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

76 or 77 Fender P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fretwear, Apr 27, 2010.

1. fretwear

fretwear

Mar 7, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    What would a USA, mid 70's P bass, all original, sunburst, fair amount of one owner "honest" player wear, pick guard is cracked at the jack valued in todays market? Thanks for any input, Ive no clue on what a fair price might be for this. I played it today and it plays and sounds great, XXL sound.

2. ADBass123

ADBass123

Apr 5, 2010
    San Diego
    I'd say between $1500 and $2000.
    But don't quote me on that.

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    I was offered $1500 at a music shop for my 76 in pretty good shape......15 years ago.

4. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I have three 78s, a jazz, a P, and a fretless P. I paid between $1000 and $1800 for the three of them within the last four years, with the highest being the fretless. All three are all original, two came with original cases, the fretless had the original covers as well. Being that they are two natural/maples and a black/maple they're probably a little cheaper than a 3TSB, but that's still probably a good range to expect. Maybe a little more at a music store and for a few years earlier.

5. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

+1. $2000 if it has OHSC and covers and is 100% original.

6. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    Wow..I just bought this exact sounding bass...well used all original, no covers or case, for 1000$..I guess I got a good deal?