760FM vs 760M vs 9050ML

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Metal Mitch, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Ok, I read the thread from 4stringdrums. Thanks but it didn't tell me what I wanted to know.

For blues I've been using Fender 9050ML on my 76 P. I liked them a lot - gauge balance, feel, and tone were all great. But they got "twangy" after a few years. Maybe they're just worn out? I'm looking for less twang and less of the Fender burpy mids. So I'm thinking LaBella.

Between the 760FM vs 760M - there doesn't seem to be much difference in gauge besides the heavier A. Anybody tried both? Are they about the same, or is there a noticeable difference between these 2 sets? And how do they compare tension-wise to the 9050ML? My truss is pretty much maxed out with those.

Last, anybody have recent experience that would indicate their QC has improved? I don't want any more freakin problems with LB - I just want it to work out of the box.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021