1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 77' Alembic Series I

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DarnellBass, Jan 4, 2021.

1. DarnellBass

DarnellBass Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    1977 Alembic Series 1

From Mica at Alembic (on the Alembic forum)
    The official build card shows:
    top and back: Schedua
    body: Cherry
    neck: Maple, Beech, Purpleheart
    scale: long 34
    fingerboard: Ebony
    inlays: mother of pearl
    peghead veneers: Vermilion
    birthday: June 23, 1977
    originally made for: Rothchild
    The dark tone is probably due to the combination of the Cherry core (my bass has this) and the Schedua top and back, which really emphasizes the lows.

What can I say, these Series I's have a mythical status. It's got a rich, dark tone (somewhat), but clear due to the Cherry - with an incredible bass response seriously. This is a perfect bass tone imo and amazes me every time I hear it. At this price these basses are still a steal. The Schedua has a ''beeswing' pattern to it. Neck is perfectly straight with no fret buzzing. Super even across the board. I've adjusted the (2) truss rods and they function perfect. The Maple neck has acquired a nice amber to the color and is a little worn from play. Comes with hard case, blue box and 5 pin cable.

There was a slight crack repair done on the neck long ago, hard to notice. Pickups were upgraded recently (I think 2015).

$5500 shipped Fedex insured North America only. (Canada and the AK, HI will be more $$ shipping.) Will sell to verified tb profile Paypal ok. (No returns unless damaged in shipping). Thank you for looking.
    Note: a few pics show a brass truss cover - this is not attached and doesn't come with the bass.

Some links on the Alembic forum
    You are being redirected...
    You are being redirected...

Can listen to it on me soundcloud channel
    darnellbass stream

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  2. DarnellBass

DarnellBass Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Bulk of the pictures

Attached Files:

3. jtemple

jtemple

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington, MO
    Man that is a sweet bass!

DarnellBass likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 12, 2021