1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available 77 Aria Pro II Precise bass - Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by coronado3, Nov 27, 2017.

1. coronado3

coronado3 Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    005-Copy. 002-Copy-Copy. 011-Copy. For sale my beloved 1977 Matsumoku made Aria Pro II jazz bass (precise bass)
    The body is the Japanese Ash/Sen and the bass is 9lbs,9 oz. It has newer black and white 70s style pickguard, 80s fender bridge, Schaller strap locks. It needs nothing. Strung with ernie ball cobalt flats. Wired with vol/vol/tone with pull pot series/parallel operation.
    The neck is like a 70's Jazz, extra skinny string spacing at the nut, rounded back and has no issues. frets are in good shape. The inlays are authentic Mother of Toilet Seat. It is a 3 pc. maple neck but only on the headstock, the neck itself is solid 1 pc. with no dings or dents.
    The pickups are real beefy and strong. Bumps and bruises typical of a played 40 yr old instrument, nothing heinous.

It has a tort guard, but i also will throw in a white guard and the badass was changed out to a vintage 80s fender bridge and the tuners are now gotoh lollipops.
    $600 Shipped CONUS with the neck off to reduce shipping cost.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. These are fantastic instruments. IMHO much better than most and Fender made today.
    I will now duck and cover!

3. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Very cool sir

4. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I'm a fender guy and I totally agree with you! I had a '77 jazz and this one and this aria slayed the 77 jazz in fit and finish... Nice tight neck joint. great pickups, BEAUTIFUL sunburst. The 77 had gaps at the neck joint big enough to put in a quarter!;)

5. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    I think im talking myself out of selling it!!!!

6. I have a 1981 Aria Pro-II TSB 550 that is super clean. I had thought of selling and then realized I would never be able to replace it.
    Really, you should keep that bass. These are getting pretty rare. And like you said, the quality is outstanding. Matsumoku was one of the best builders on the planet!
    Actually I am surprised that someone hasn't snatched it up by now.

7. coronado3

Jun 29, 2008
    Indiana, USA
    True...