Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'77 Fender Precision with an "A" Neck

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by peabody, Jul 22, 2005.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Vintage Vibe!!! - I have for sale a '77 Fender Precision Bass with the popular "A" neck. The vintage P-bass sound with a Jazz feel...the best of both worlds!

Black finish, black pickguard with a maple neck. A classy looking bass....

The finish has some checking, typical for a bass of this age, but it is still in good condition.

The neck is beautiful and in awesome shape...no dings, frets are great, neck is straight...no issues.

The rest of the bass appears to be original, with the exception it appears the tone pot has been changed. The serial number on the pickguard does match the serial number on the neck.

As stated above, the neck is an "A" neck, which is a thinner, jazz-like neck and only 1.5" at the nut. It plays great. This is a lightweight bass at about 8lbs, 10 ozs.

It comes with non-original chrome bridge/pick-up covers and the original molded Fender case. The case is functional, but has had the latches replaced (the new latches are much more secure than the old latches). The case does have one small piece of the molding broken off, but all in all, it is in pretty good shape.

I'm asking $1200, which will include FedEx Ground shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. I will post some pics tonight, but additional pics are available upon request. I prefer payment by US Postal money order, but I will consider PayPal for an extra $35. I am not interested in any trades at this time.

You can check out my 100% positive feedback on eBay...user name is mister_pbody. If you have any questions, you can send me a PM or e-mail me at peabody59@hotmail.com. Thanks!!

2. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    A couple of pics to whet your appetite....

3. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Yes, as a matter of fact it is as nice as it looks....

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    You're gonna regret selling this beauty.... :smug:

I wish I was the one making you regret it...that is one sweet sweet bass!

5. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I know I will regret it, and it is definitely a sweet bass. The problem is I have to sell one of my basses...my wife has me on a two bass limit and I'm up to four. It was a coin toss between this P and a Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub I just picked up. The Glaub is one of the thin necks and since they don't offer the thin neck option anymore on the Glaubs (or offer the Skyline Glaub in the CAR finish I have), I decided to sell the P. This decision may change as the week progresses, but as of now, the P is still available and looking for a good home.

6. peabody

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    This bass is sold.....