1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

'77 MIJ Jazz Block/'62 RI MIJ P-Bass/RickenFenderBacker-L@@K!!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ricksvintage, Jan 9, 2012.

1. ricksvintage

ricksvintage Supporting Member Commercial User

UPDATE-JAN 13th!!!!!!!!!

NO reasonable cash offers refused, must sell in the next week to help stop foreclosure on my home, this is a great chance to get a great deal on one of these fine basses.

Thanks for helping out, calling/text is best way to contact me.

:hyper:

Please call/Text with any questions or email ricksvintage@yahoo.com or 727-735-5350

3 very nice very ,cool Basses for Sale here in the TampaBay area. Would prefer outright sale but will consider all trade offers, thanks for looking!:hyper:

All are great players, freshly set up and strung with D'Addario 45-100s, set up by Mick Donner "The Man" from Guitar Repair of Tampabay and "Rocketman" the band.

1988 Fender '62 ReIssue Precision Bass Made in Japan, Sunburst, BaddAssII Bridge, Basslines QP, comes with orig bridge and pickup, Gig bag -$850

1977 Jazz Bass made in Japan by Matsomoku, SB, OHSC, BadAssII Bridge(and Orig), maple neck with blocks-$695

Unique '57 Fender Precision meets Rickenbacker 4001/4003, has Original Rickenbacker 4003 pickups from the late '70's, Original NOS Rickenbacker wiring harness with Pullpot on Treble pickup for 4001 tone,Original Ric 4003 pickguard and knobs, and a Babicz bridge, with gig Bag. $900

If you've always loved the feel of a Fender and tones of a Rickenbacker (but hated the feel and playability and cumbersome neck dive) this is the coolest bass around!
    It started as a 60th Anniversary MIM P-Bass in Fiesta Red, added all the original Ric parts and meticulously built by Mick Donner, definitely one of a kind.

Feel free to call/text/email me. 727-735-5350

Shipping will be FedEx

_JazzRickPbass.

77 Jazz-

_JazzClose.

_JazzAngled.

Premier77Jazz.

'62 ReIssue Precision-

_62Pbass3.

_62Pbass2.

_62PbassBack.

Rickenbender FenderBacker-

_RickClose.

_RickAngled.

__LowViewBestFull.

2. funkyjudge

funkyjudge Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Langhorne, PA, USA
    Does the Premier '77 Jazz have the bridge and/or pickup cover (a/k/a "ashtrays")?

3. tsarter

tsarter

May 14, 2003
    Santa Rosa, CA
    That fenderrick is messing with my mind.

4. BassIsBoss

BassIsBoss

Jun 25, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    I went by Rick's place to try out his basses. First of all, solid numero #1 individual....very straight up. I've gotten used to my very thin jazz neck so I didn't buy, but I would have if not so.
    Now to the basses...The FenderBenderRickenFackerBlenderSender is a beautiful beast. The sound is tres cool....you can clank like your typical ol rick o sound, or do that push/pull thing and get deeper and darker. Very unique axe.
    The mij Fender P is a well balanced instrument. The addition of the Babicz bridge really brings out the tone and the SD Basslines are set in properly....nice and low to access all your basic P tones X 3. Solid sound...
    The Premier Jazz is the sleeper here. All original and I could hear why nothing's been changed....it doesn't need it. Not your typical jazz neck, so those who want a more P neck (think B plus medium thick), then this will work for you. This instrument kicks....
    Well that's my 26 cents. A big thanks to Rick for his hospitality and a warm felt appreciation for the TB forum and bass players everywhere. Peace Jim

5. Just as a matter of clarification, does the RickenFender have the ric-o-sound stereo wiring circuit?

[​IMG]

6. BassIsBoss

BassIsBoss

Jun 25, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Email or call Rick directly for details on his instruments for sale. Cool guy and so I just put down my impressions of what I heard (I got no horse in the race). Thanks....

7. ricksvintage

The Rickenbender does not have the dual Ric O sound output jacks, they are summed into one. It could easily be done if one wanted.The wiring is a NOS harness I purchased from Pick of the Ricks and includes the PullPot on the treble pickup for the 4001 sound.

Also, I have both covers for the '77 Premier Jazz, along with the original bridge.
    The P bass also has the original bridge and pickup that will be included.

Also, to further clarify, the neck on the Jazz is 1.5 inches wide, 1/16" wider than my Geddy Lee Jazz bass, but it does have a little more meat front to back than the Geddy, very very comfortable but by no means anywhere close to the other P Basses I've owned

Thanks for the kind words Jim, it was a pleasure meeting a fellow TBer(especially from as far away as Nova Scotia ,Canada !).

Yes folks, these are some very nice basses, no surprises or disappointments, top shelf stuff:hyper:

8. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY
    Just out of curiosity, what part of NS? I dated a girl up there for a time. I have a fascination with the maritimes - lived in Washington Co. Maine, I could see Gran Manaan practically from my window.

9. michael_atw

michael_atw

Feb 28, 2009
    Jamestown, NY

How would you describe the feel of the neck on the RickerFenderbenderthinger? I love the look of it, but I'm not much a P-neck guy. I've played many RI's of 50's models and have a love-hate with everyone I come across.

10. ricksvintage

The reason I chose this particular P-Bass for my Rickenbacker project is that the neck had a surprisingly similar feel to my friends 4003, though not quite as wide.

Compared to my '62 Reissue, this neck is not as wide but slightly rounder, very comfortable to play for extended periods of time.

I hope that helps:)

I am very motivated to sell this weekend, please contact me by phone/text and I am SURE we can work out something, I really appreciate it!

11. ricksvintage

:hyper::eek:NO reasonable cash offers refused, must sell in the next week to help stop foreclosure on my home, this is a great chance to get a great deal on one of these fine basses.

Thanks for helping out, calling/text is best way to contact me.
    :hyper:

12. herrdruhl

herrdruhl Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2007
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Wish I could help, but would need to wait until March before my next purchase. I really want the Rickenfender (Fenderbacker?), very cool!

13. themacinator

themacinator Always looking for the perfect gig

Oct 8, 2009
    8,600 feet in the Colorado Rockies
    Endorsing Artist: Babicz FCH Hardware
    The RickerFenderbenderthinger is mine...merry late Christmas to me!!

14. ricksvintage

Rickenbender FenderBacker is SOLD!!:hyper:

Thanks Tim, I'll call you later today or tomorrow to discuss the Ric O Sound option, thanks!!

The '62 P Bass and the '77 Jazz Bass are still up for grabs, I'm surprised no one has grabbed the Jazz bass, it's clearly one of the best Jazz basses I've ever owned.

15. Good luck, man, love that Jazz.

16. ricksvintage

Jazz and Precision still available, don't be shy:hyper:

17. ricksvintage

$675 for the Precision and $600 for the '77 Jazz.

These are some vey nice basses my friends:hyper:

And some very nice prices to boot!!

This does not include shipping.

Last chance, give me a call.

18. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    man I wish I lived by you, I am looking for a new fender p...been thinking about an American standard, problem is I just don't have enough experience to know the difference between your p bass and the American standard! I have a VM squier p bass right now!

19. LouieV2

LouieV2

Jan 9, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I can do $450 for the jazz right now if you're interested. Pm me!

20. ricksvintage

Evidently the buyer on the '77 Matsumoko Jazz Bass didn;t realize that Matsumoko is a JAPANESE word:meh:

Unfortunately, one cannot buy a FENDER '77 Jazz Bass for $600 anymore;)

So, both the P and the J are still up for grabs!!!