77' Musicmaster with pics!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shawn-o, Aug 31, 2009.

1. shawn-o

shawn-o

Jan 29, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    I finally got the chance to take afew pics of this bass and am super happy with it. Has afew electrical issues but that will be taken care of next week. I'll have my tech guy re-ground it and shield the p/u cavity, as well as look at modding the pickup to increase the treble response (seems like a pretty universal mod for these basses).

Without further ado..

mm3.gif

mm1.gif

mm2.gif

Thanks for looking ladies and gents!

2. Very nice!

3. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    That one has been modded. It looks like a Jazz pickup there, no? These had a gtr pickup under a black "no holes" cover. My first bass was one of these. Mine had the older, smaller tuners. Nice bass!

4. shawn-o

shawn-o

Jan 29, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    See, thats what im wondering about. At one point of its life it was red (and i believe they only made them in red, white and black for awhile).

The pickup itself is a fender lace sensor (or so it says at the top left corner of it). Its a jazz pickup aswell. I'll pull the cover off and take a pic though.

5. VincentGrim

VincentGrim Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2008
    just crushed me with envy good sir...that there is basically my dream bass. very nice!

6. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Nice! I think I'll go mess around with my '78! Thanks for the motivation!

-robert

7. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Beauty! TFS (I have a weakness for "natural" finish.) :)

8. rcarraher

rcarraher

Dec 21, 2008
    I bought a Musicmaster brand new in 74-75 and it was only available in those three colors, I had a black on. Mine came with 6 pole pieces in the pickup, weird for a four string bass. I think they were the same pickups that were in my Bronco??? Nice to see one of these old beasts.

9. shawn-o

shawn-o

Jan 29, 2007
    Winnipeg, MB
    Thanks guys.

Off she goes this afternoon to the tech to be re-wired and setup. Looks like i'll be using this bass on a regular basis :D

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021