77 Pre-EB Stingray FS/Trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xbradx, Feb 3, 2005.

1. xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    hello all,
    need to sell(or trade+cash) my '77 Musicman Stingray SN#B004137
    bass is definitely not mint, but is still in good overall condition and plays and feels amazing. Natural finish on Ash body with maple neck/fretboard. there is some finish worn off the back with some buckle rash and small nicks and dings here and there. the frets show some wear but are still in good shape and have plenty of life left in them. neck is straight with fully functional truss rod and some finish wear on the 3rd, 5th, and 7th frets on the fingerboard.
    the only thing that isn't original on the bass is the volume pot which was replaced(original was dead) in Jan'04 by the previous owner. It has the black epoxy coated 2-band pre-amp.
    This is the best bass i've ever played or owned in the last 15 years and as much as I'd really like to keep it :crying: , i just had to get my car fixed and have some upcoming medical bills, and car/van insurance looming on the horizon that i need extra money for. and also don't feel right taking this bass out on the road to basement and small punk/hardcore club shows where it could get damaged or stolen.
    so i'm looking for either cash(via paypal or money order) or possibly a trade for either a newer(and obviously cheaper) model EBstingray/sterling or Fender Jazz(either US standard or Japanese '75RI)+cash to make up the difference in cost.
    i've already sold the original case, but a new SKB Musicman case will be included, along with the original 70's Musicman strap.
    I'm asking for $1300 or best offer.
    if interested, email me@ xbradx@verizon.net for bigger pics or to send pics of possible trade material.

2. xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    here's closeup pics of the headstock and serial#...
  3. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
  4. xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    bass traded/sold, thanks again victor! :bassist: