Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'77 Stingray Sunburst FS/FT BOOxxxx

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xhawk4, Dec 17, 2003.

1. HI all,
    I'm at it again. Sold both of the Nino jazz basses and now I have 2 Vintage Stingrays. I'm only keeping one. They both sound fantastic. All original. The sunburst is the one I'm selling.

Hardware shines, hardly any haze. If there is, I polished it out. Even the screws and under the bridge. This baby has that VINTAGE tone we all like from the Rays.

This bass is very unique, as I think it left the factory without a Serial#. I know where it's been since 1982. No # on the neckplate. All date stamps are there. Neck is Oct 17 1977 and Body is Oct 20 1977. Some finish checking, none on the neck or headstock.

Cash offers by paypal. Trades Preferred.

**UPDATE**
    I was told that this neckplate is probably an aftermarket item. This little factoid brings the value down some. I'm on a crazy hunt to find the correct neckplate. For now, the bass is sold or traded as-is.
    Still, it dosen't affect anything in my ears? So what! Still has tone for days! AND correct date stamps!
    Thanks alot. EMAIL only please, NO PM's. More pics upon request. Serious inquiries only. This is a great vintage bass.
    xhawk4@hotmail.com

2. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Do you have any inrest in a 1979 sabre? its renished and would match that brown stingray of yours?

3. Sure,
    Email me some pics and info.
    Hawk

4. For the updated info.

5. H3rEye51nRoam

H3rEye51nRoam

Nov 18, 2003